Welcome to the Club

Getting New Moms Adjusted to Mommyhood One Step at a Time

Group Home

How much do you normally spend on groceries every week? How many people are in your family?

baby
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 7:12 PM
Replies (11-17):
suziejax
by Suzie on Oct. 5, 2012 at 9:36 PM

depends because some weeks I am sticked up and dont need much 

Amy127
by Bronze Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:16 PM
I've been going one big trip a month but end up still doing a couple smaller trips spending around $550-600 a month. October is my trial month to see some savings. I'm going to go weekly and see if that helps.minimize the random trips.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kathyjustin
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 6:46 AM

3 in my family and it's about $155.00 a week

deedee3849
by Deanne on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:45 AM

$100-$120 per week for a family of 4 and that includes all toiletries and paper goods like trash bags, paper towels, fabric softener etc. I know I could do better if I did the coupon thing but I have a hard time finding coupons for healthy foods and when I use them for paper goods it ends up being the same price I pay for generic brand anyways.

ShandellsBaby
by Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 12:20 PM

i usually spend $250 a month on food and they are 4 in the family

aidansmommy219
by Gold Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 9:46 PM

I try to go weekly, but sometimes I only make it every other week...I shop for dh, myself, ds, and dd (although I primarily nurse dd so she's not really factored in just yet)...I can spend anywhere between $50 and $100 for 2 weeks..I try to only buy meat when its on BOGO sale...and then I'll spend about $100 and get double the amount of what I normally would :) that will last awhile too.

Stevensmomma
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 9:58 PM

we are a family of four but three really bc the baby doesnt really count right now we spend $100 a week

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN