Welcome to the Club

Getting New Moms Adjusted to Mommyhood One Step at a Time

Group Home

what are some specific things you do to save money while shopping for groceries?

baby
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:38 PM
Replies (31-40):
jbyrd898
by Jessica on Oct. 6, 2012 at 6:23 AM

Quoting suziejax:

i have a herb garden which is nice to use fresh herbs

I've been thinking about doing this recently.

baby
bbyB10
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 11:02 AM
Sams and Costco
e.sugarbaby
by Bronze Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 12:30 PM
I shop based on what's on sale....hardly ever buy something not on sale or at least use a coupon. We are not big meat eaters but try to eat some chicken and turkey...and little bit of seafood...someone once said we don't eat 4 legged....not sure I love that term but it's accurate....that helps with $....any meat we do buy has to be on sale.
Also shop on days that double coupons up to $2.00....which is awesome!
Also also...shop at Aldis....they have amazing prices on fresh veggies, fruits and some canned goods.
momto3isme
by Dawn on Oct. 6, 2012 at 1:57 PM

Plan meals around what is on sale, use coupons.

JenniferW67
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 9:18 PM

I look at the sale flyers and plan around what items are great deals and what I have on hand.

MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Oct. 6, 2012 at 9:30 PM

Shope Aldi's

allyn9
by Carey on Oct. 7, 2012 at 12:02 AM

I buy items that are on sale, and shop on double coupon days.

mrs.LOVE-JONES
by New Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 12:17 AM
I am addicted to the Sunday salespaper! I study the prices at the stores I frequently shop and I clip coupons and use them.
jin1210
by New Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:35 AM

I think meal planning is a HUGE plus! I try to buy for 2 weeks worth of dinners and use as many coupons as I can find. I see a few people have posted they go to Aldi's...they just open 2 brand new stores near me...went in once and did not think the prices were that great...at all. A few things here and there but for the most part alot of the products were smaller packages so the price is lower but you aren't really getting a deal...IMO.

FindersKeepers
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 1:59 PM

I totally recommend it.  Herbs are the easiest thing to grow.  They are fairly weather resistent and when they die you can used dried anyway.   We live in CA and I planted herbs as part of drought tolerant landscaping.  It is
so nice to always have fresh herbs available, plus they smell good, attack humming birds, bees and butterflies and are a natural fly repellent. 

Quoting jbyrd898:

Quoting suziejax:

i have a herb garden which is nice to use fresh herbs

I've been thinking about doing this recently.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN