Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Family Piggy Bank The Family Piggy Bank

Will you be hosting at your house this year for the holidays? 

by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:07 AM
Replies (11-20):
cjsmom1
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:42 PM

I will be doing Thanksgiving dinner the Tuesday before (I have to work on Thanksgiving) and will only be inviting my sister.

I'm going to invite my ex's mom and sisters for Christmas but I doubt they'll come, his mom cancelled last minute last year. Either way ds will have a good Christmas.

jurnee14
by Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:17 PM

not sure yet, we take turns but not sure who wants to do it this yr. I really hope not me,lol. For some reason if me or my mom do it, everyone feels its fine to bring rolls or soda, when they do it, they need more help than that, and cook this or that, so me and my mom make it anyway. but its still way cheaper for me if they do it. Its aobut 20-30 people, and traditioanally its ham, pernil, lasagna, artichokes, asparagus, potatoes, shrimp, scallops, paella, stuffed mushrooms, other vegggies too, candied yams, salad, crab salad, and then come deserts. home made, cheesecakes, cakes, pies, cookies, puddings, etc, etc,lol. 

yvonne37
by Yvonne on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:30 PM

yep.  like every year. We have thanksgiving in one of my relatives (or my husband's) and christmas dinner at my house.

jurnee14
by Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:33 PM

we actually do chrismas dinner at home, we do christmas eve all together, my brother families, my daughters family and some close friends, inlaws, etc. We do it like that so we can all get toghether and give gifts,and we can also enjoy the day with just our kids without having to run aroud all day. MY daughter had an idea , that since no one is in a good financial spot this yr, maybe we can just do a big desert xmas eve, maybe some cheese and crackers, finger foods, but nothing as fancy as we usually do.

AzariahsMother
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:47 AM

The plan is not to host, however with moving it might be fun to have everyone over to see the new place. 

jbyrd898
by Jessica on Oct. 9, 2012 at 5:21 PM

Just thanksgiving at my house. Christmas Eve will be at my house with my hubby and son, Christmas Day will be at my mothers.

momto3isme
by Dawn on Oct. 9, 2012 at 5:25 PM

It's still to soon to know if we are going to have anyone over.

deedee3849
by Deanne on Oct. 9, 2012 at 6:26 PM

We may have Thanksgiving here but my dh's mom cooks....she LOVES to cook it and I just help.

CameronsMommy23
by Amber on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:33 AM
We usually have everything at our house. ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
i.heart.myboys
by Amber E on Oct. 10, 2012 at 1:55 PM
We don't know yet.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)