Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Family Piggy Bank The Family Piggy Bank

Christmas Shopping: Layaway vs Black Friday

Posted by   + Show Post
So I am just curious as to which you lovely ladies is the most cost effective way to buy gifts. Layaway: get the stuff you want and pay over time. Black Friday: wait for the stuff you want to maybe be a great deal. Let's hear your thoughts ladies!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:55 PM
Replies (11-20):
MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Oct. 10, 2012 at 8:58 AM

I've never done either. I prefer to shop clearance throughout the year

Mommy4two
by Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 8:59 AM

I do Black Friday every year... this is going to be the first year where it's going to be semi hard bc for the past 5 years I've had 2 or 4 other people with me and we'd grab for each other and this year I'm probably going to be by myself :-( ..... My exSIL is going to watch the kids at my place and she'll have my card information that way if I need her to jump on and order things she can... But I honestly save anywhere from hundreds to 2 thousand before and I've never spent more than 400 on BF.

Mommy4two
by Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 9:01 AM

This will be the first year I'm trying it .. Are the deals better than in store? and how hard is it to get what you want?

Quoting suziejax:

i love black friday online

AzariahsMother
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 9:20 AM

We only did layaway this year on a big ticket item for a family gift, and don't really shop on Black Friday because I don't feel like I have found good deals out of the 3 times I have tried. 

CameronsMommy23
by Amber on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:23 AM
Me too!

Quoting momto3isme:

I prefer shopping on black friday. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
i.heart.myboys
by Amber E on Oct. 10, 2012 at 2:03 PM
We are going to do lay away
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
907PickleMom
by Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:58 PM
Thanks ladies! I am going to try BF this year vs other years I have shopped before Christmas or layaway!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
liliana5
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:47 AM

I think its now called cyber monday... hehehe 

Moms_Angels1960
by Cheryl on Oct. 12, 2012 at 5:56 AM

I buy all year long now if Wal_Mart would bring back layaway all the time I would use that but they don't. I love Black Friday though it's a day my daughter & I get to go be just with ourselves otherwise we always have kids. We buy some stuff then, but it's more about just spending the night together.

AleaKat
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 5:58 AM
Black Friday!

I got a nice washer and dryer for $1000 when they are usually $1000 each.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)