Welcome to the Club

Getting New Moms Adjusted to Mommyhood One Step at a Time

Group Home

My recent up-cycling challenge for Fall fun, come look!

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 6:58 PM
  • 28 Replies

I wanted to share these frugal fall crafting ideas from my blog today with you awesome family piggy bankers!

Picture
I love to take what others view as junk and make them into new found treasures. Here is my challenge I gave myself. Take old spaghetti jars, a card board grits can, a box bottom and a small remnant of brown wrapping paper and made something useful or cute from them. Below is what I came up with, and I only used materials I already had on hand at home!

Picture
Old junk I could of thrown away.
Picture
Box bottom I used to carry can goods from a store to home lol!
Picture
Made some cute useful storage containers. You can write whats stored on the paper doilies on the outside!
Picture
A fall or Halloween shadow box! I call this THE LAST LEAF, because you see one large last leaf hanging from the night time tree! I only used items I already had at my home. I bought nothing. The house is a shoe box lid I reconstructed!
Picture
I even hung some ribbon ( you can't see it) in the back of it so I can hang it on the wall! Every thing in it is popped out including the moon, it was hard to capture it in the picture!

by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 6:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momto3isme
by Dawn on Oct. 10, 2012 at 8:32 AM

Those are really neat ideas!  I am going to show my daughter.  My daughter would love to make a shadow box!

miyamimom
by New Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 8:41 AM

Really Awesome,TFS

MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Oct. 10, 2012 at 8:55 AM

Cute!

jbyrd898
by Jessica on Oct. 10, 2012 at 9:02 AM

that is cute.

ReesesPieces
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 9:06 AM
You are so crafty!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AzariahsMother
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 9:12 AM

This is pretty neat. 

CameronsMommy23
by Amber on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:24 AM
Cute ideas!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Stevensmomma
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:32 AM

really neat !

yvonne37
by Yvonne on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:52 AM

oh suzie!  love it!! you are something else lol.. girl you might have started a gallery worth art thingy here.. I have seen stuff on galleries that are not as cute and this..  :)  great job!

suziejax
by Suzie on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:54 AM

Thank you! Hope she likes them

Quoting momto3isme:

Those are really neat ideas!  I am going to show my daughter.  My daughter would love to make a shadow box!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement