Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Family Piggy Bank The Family Piggy Bank

cutting costs...

Posted by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:05 AM
  • 15 Replies

Ok, I know the obvious, I am looking at finding some other ways to tighten up our budget. Things are going to be tight for a few months, and I would love to save some extra cash in the process.

Ideas?

by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
suziejax
by Suzie on Oct. 10, 2012 at 12:08 PM
1 mom liked this

Coupons if you buy name brand items... you can find some awesome ones for your area code here

suziejax
by Suzie on Oct. 10, 2012 at 12:08 PM

cut extras like cable etc But you could keep internet and wacth tv online at places like 

www.fonmy.com be sure to click the american flag when you get there at top to get american channels!

suziejax
by Suzie on Oct. 10, 2012 at 12:10 PM

do you live in the city like I do? You can have days where you do not drive the car and walk places. Those days we walk my teens LOVE It!

suziejax
by Suzie on Oct. 10, 2012 at 12:10 PM

for off brand shopping to save A TON shop alidis if you have one near

suziejax
by Suzie on Oct. 10, 2012 at 12:11 PM

Ever read Dave Ramseys Total Money Makeover? If not give it a shot. ITS lifre changing and eye opening!

suziejax
by Suzie on Oct. 10, 2012 at 12:13 PM

when you get the ich to redecorate simple declutter and rearrange and make do with what you already have or get creative. You can make things with stuff around the house like at this or this.

KyrinM
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 12:16 PM
1 mom liked this

I highly recommend a book called "The Complete Tightwad Gazette", look it up on Amazon, it is a very worthwhile investment, using this book we got through a couple of rough years where we had to support 5 people on one person's income, & we did it.  I still use the lessons learned in this book & I frequently look in it still, it is the one book I always know where it is. LOL!

MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Oct. 10, 2012 at 1:14 PM

Are you both working? Perhaps add a pt job,good luck!

i.heart.myboys
by Amber E on Oct. 10, 2012 at 1:30 PM
I want to read that.I think my dad has it

Quoting suziejax:

Ever read Dave Ramseys Total Money Makeover? If not give it a shot. ITS lifre changing and eye opening!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
i.heart.myboys
by Amber E on Oct. 10, 2012 at 1:33 PM
I bargain shop and shop the ads. When I see things on sale I get a few or more of things. I use a lot of coupons as well and have a stock pile. I do off brands as well. Krogers has frozen veggies for $1 each and I get those when I go to Krogers and a few other things. I am going to go look at Aldi's and Save a lots soon to see their deals as well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)