Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Family Piggy Bank The Family Piggy Bank

Ok, I know the obvious, I am looking at finding some other ways to tighten up our budget. Things are going to be tight for a few months, and I would love to save some extra cash in the process.

Ideas?

by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:05 AM
Replies (11-15):
Princessofscots
by Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 2:24 PM

We are both very frugal, he actually just moved into state, my husband and I have been living apart (not by choice) for a little over a year now, he just moved here, and is looking for a job. (hence the tight for awhile) Made the cable cuts, unfortunately gas sucks up a lot with me working, my job has me making 50 miles a day

jaedynmoon
by Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 3:01 PM

My husband and I had to readjust and tighten our budget.  We normally did $100 a week for groceries but shaved that to $80 a week.  We've been doing really good meeting that goal.  I calculated and use cash for the groceries.  I've been seeking out coupons to use on products we buy.  Trying to lower our electric bill by having the windows open all day now that it's in the low 80's.  Having the windows open means the lights don't need to be on saving energy that way too.  Cut your entertainment expenses, don't eat out, stop buying soda or expensive drinks to cut costs....hope I've given you some good ideas to help!

Stevensmomma
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 4:04 PM

The normal coupon cutting and shopping wisely with sales and not spending money unless needed

Moms_Angels1960
by Cheryl on Oct. 10, 2012 at 5:26 PM

Make your own cleaners and laundry soap, use a lot of vinegar for cleaning & cut down on buying expensive cleaners at the store.

Hang up most of your clothes instead of drying them. It will save a ton on the electric bill.

Don't use the dishwasher if you can help it.

momto3isme
by Dawn on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:57 AM

I agree with what everyone has said.  Use coupons, get rid of cable, lower cell phone plan if you can, make your own cleaning products, shop at thrift stores, cook from scratch, don't buy anything you really don't need.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)