Grands!® Pumpkin Doughnuts
Blogger Brooke McLay from Cheeky Kitchen shares a favorite recipe for Grands!® Pumpkin Doughnuts. Pillsbury® biscuits are fried into perfectly plump doughnuts, and then dipped into a splendid pumpkin-spiced glaze.
- cups vegetable oil for frying
- cups powdered sugar
- 4 1/2
- teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- tablespoon canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
- to 4 tablespoons half-and-half
- can Pillsbury® Grands!® Flaky Layers refrigerated biscuits (8 biscuits)
- 1 In 2-quart saucepan, heat oil over medium heat to 350°F to 375°F.
- 2 In large bowl, beat powdered sugar, pumpkin pie spice, pumpkin and just enough half-and-half with whisk until smooth and thick glaze forms. Set aside.
- 3 Separate dough into 8 biscuits. Using small round lid or cookie cutter, cut hole in center of each biscuit.
- 4 Gently place 2 or 3 biscuits in hot oil. (Biscuit holes can also be fried!) Fry on one side until golden brown. With tongs, gently turn each biscuit over; fry until other side is golden brown. Remove doughnuts from oil; immediately dip into pumpkin glaze. Place doughnuts on cooling rack; cool 3 to 5 minutes or until glaze is set before serving.
Don't have pumpkin in the house? No worries! This recipe tastes just as good when the pumpkin is omitted.
These doughnuts are best warm and fresh. Invite friends and family over for a doughnut party. Hand out a few paper plates, and let everyone fight over the first bite of just-made doughnuts!