Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Halloween Costumes

Posted by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 8:16 PM
  • 5 Replies
1 mom liked this

Well this is the first year I'm horribly strapped for cash and my son mentioned halloween and I told him honey I didn't know what we were going to do bc I can't buy an expensive outfit this year for him and his sister... Well, he tells me he was thinking about being a zombie, I told him we're so going with that bc I can make that look mad cool and cheap as heck lol... I found an idea online which was beyond awesome the lady took a big cardboard box and spray painted brown to look like dirt, she took green tissue paper and spainsh moss and glued it to the top, she put a gravestone at the back of the box and a plastic rat on it... She cut a hole out for her head and for her hands to come out it was soooo cool....

As for my daughter she's almost 6 and I'm putting her in her really pretty whimscal silver dress and going to buy a pair of wings and a wand put some shimmery hair spray in her hair and make her a fairy...

I'm thinking I can pull both off for $20 dollars total :-)

by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 8:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
cjsmom1
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 9:32 PM
That's great! Costumes can be so expensive
jbyrd898
by Jessica on Oct. 11, 2012 at 6:38 AM

thats awesome. those will be cute too!

KRIZZ25
dam ppl...
Today at 6:09 AM
by Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 6:40 AM
i made my son,s costume and will try to make my 2 daughters to.. all in all i mite have payed $20 buck for a few stuff i needed ..
aidansmommy219
by Gold Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 7:30 AM
Very creative!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AzariahsMother
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 9:29 AM

Great Job!  Man costumes can be so expensive.  Last year we got DD's for around $20 because we bought pieces, and hoping to do the same this year. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)