Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Family Piggy Bank The Family Piggy Bank

Ok ladies I felt I should log into my bank account online today. And BOOM a few hundred dollars was stolen from me on Monday! The banks here were closed do to the Cloumbus Day Hoilday and a lot of people got targeted. I made the mistake ( I NORMALLY DO NOT DO THIS) of putting in my pen number when using my debt a few times this past month at walmart. 

I went staright to my bank and they are ending my card and giving me a new one in 8-10 days. They are invenstaging all the theft to customers and will be giving me my money back within 8 -10 days! 

This was spooky! 

Ladies run your debits as a cerdit its safer!

by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 1:40 PM
Replies (11-20):
Angelfaces
by Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:45 PM

Sorry this happened to you.

For some reason this has happened to several people I know when shopping at Wal-Mart.  I'll only write a check there now.

jbyrd898
by Jessica on Oct. 13, 2012 at 6:10 AM

Oh my that is horrible.

deedee3849
by Deanne on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:28 AM

That is scary....I'm sorry this happened to you. Hope they find the thief!

conniejo75
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:32 AM
I use debit all the time but I also check my account numerous times a day so I would catch something immediately.
Just fyi... your card number can be stolen too at a store and ran as credit just as easy. I have worked in a credit card fraud dept.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kjbugsmom1517
by Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM
1 mom liked this
That sux! If they tried that here joke would be on them lol no money to steal. Im however curious how its safer to use ur bankcard as credit? I ask because here u rarely get carded. And at least with debit only i have the pin so they could run it as credit easier and bam money gone. So im curious.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
yvonne37
by Yvonne on Oct. 13, 2012 at 9:09 AM

oh yes.. I never run on debit, because of fees and because i feel is not safe..

Sorry you had to go through this suzie.. but at least you caught it and the bank will refund you.

I was charged almost $500 for an online buy.. i dont even know what it was for.. but i called my bank, they sent me new cards and put the money back... i know how that feels.  :/

yvonne37
by Yvonne on Oct. 13, 2012 at 9:12 AM

Being that you know about this.. can i ask you a question?  Can using it as credit be easier to track?  Is there any difference?

I think (but i am not 100% sure) that when you use it as credit it is easier to track down and you, as a customer, are insurance wise covered better... am I right?

Quoting conniejo75:

I use debit all the time but I also check my account numerous times a day so I would catch something immediately.
Just fyi... your card number can be stolen too at a store and ran as credit just as easy. I have worked in a credit card fraud dept.

----- Visit my CafeMom homepage at http://www.cafemom.com/home/yvonne37
conniejo75
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 10:34 AM
Every bank is different but almost all you have zero fraud liability no matter which way you run it. I feel safer using my pin since no one tends to "card" anyone nowadays.

Quoting yvonne37:

Being that you know about this.. can i ask you a question?  Can using it as credit be easier to track?  Is there any difference?

I think (but i am not 100% sure) that when you use it as credit it is easier to track down and you, as a customer, are insurance wise covered better... am I right?

Quoting conniejo75:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hopealways4019
by Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 11:28 AM
My bank account got empited out last year too. Thank goodness banks insures money, i was able to have my money refunded. Gotta be careful!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
yvonne37
by Yvonne on Oct. 13, 2012 at 11:52 AM

i see : ) thanks.

Quoting conniejo75:

Every bank is different but almost all you have zero fraud liability no matter which way you run it. I feel safer using my pin since no one tends to "card" anyone nowadays.

Quoting yvonne37:

Quoting conniejo75:

----- Visit my CafeMom homepage at http://www.cafemom.com/home/yvonne37
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)