Welcome to the Club

Getting New Moms Adjusted to Mommyhood One Step at a Time

Group Home

Let's pretend it's 5:00...dinnertime. What are you serving? One of the same five dishes you have served every week for the past 63 weeks? Yeah, we are all right there with you. It's tough to find a dish to make that a) the family likes, b) is healthy, and c) doesn't break your shopping budget. Trying to find new dishes is even harder because if the family says, "Bleeee-ach!" you've wasted that moolah.

That's why I'm digging recipes that don't cost a lot to make, and I'm finding many of them in cookbooks specifically made for those of us watching out for our family piggy banks. Check these out: 

Cheap and Easy: A Cookbook for Girls on the Go by Sandra Bark and Alexis Kanfer - Though this one is more for gals who maybe don't have families, the recipes are perfect for anyone with a tight budget and not so much time. It has a variety of budget dishes to try, from soups to cookies.

Dining on a Dime Cook Book: 1000 Money Saving Recipes and Tips by Tawra Kellam and Jill Cooper - This come with some yummy and cheap recipes, and many are for things you may buy premade at the store, which means you can learn to make them on your own for much less.  Though some may not work for you and your life, the gazillion cost-saving hints to try are worth a shot.

Cheap. Fast. Good! by Beverly Mills and Alicia Ross - Boasting 275 recipes that cost under $2 per serving, this cookbook offers some good basic recipes as well as nifty how-tos on menu planning and substitutions you can make to stretch that grocery dollar.

What is your favorite cookbook these days?

ŠiStockphoto.com/ malerapaso

by on Oct. 22, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (31-33):
mmgyrl
by New Member on Oct. 22, 2012 at 11:17 PM

I love Southern Living cookbooks. And Paula Deens, hers are so delicious and she loves to cook.baking

mommythree0508
by on Oct. 22, 2012 at 11:48 PM

Cool

Sisteract
by on Oct. 23, 2012 at 12:50 AM

Yep

Quoting AzariahsMother:

The check out is always a great spot.

Quoting 4kidz916:

I'll have to check those out.  I have one called Dinner for a Dollar.  Each recipe costs approximately $1.00 per serving.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement