Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Family Piggy Bank The Family Piggy Bank

Wardrobe Budget Revamp Part 3: Wallet-Friendly Party Looks

Posted by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 12:00 AM
  • 32 Replies
1 mom liked this

Holidays are upon us...Starbucks has their red cups out, and there are already Christmas ads airing on the TV. Holiday season means gathering with loved ones and colleagues, which means family soirees, office parties and more...which means you need something to wear that is festive.

Aside from the sweater that lights up and plays "Frosty the Snowman," I have some wallet-friendly party outfit ideas that don't cost a lot and can be worn with items already in your closet. Some are pricier than others, but the ability to wear them a variety of ways makes them a good choice - getting the most bang for your bucks is what this is all about. 

This super-cute skirt can be worn all year-round, but for wintertime, pair it with a cozy black sweater and heels (or tights and boots) for a perfect party outfit. In a variety of colors, $50 from Mango.

In a holiday-hot burgundy color, this drape neck top from Simply Vera Wang at Kohl's can go with jeans for a hip look or black pants for an elegant night. $37.50 from Kohl's.

Sequins always scream "festive," and this sweater dress is pitch-perfect for any holiday party. Put it with tights for a mini-dress look, or over skinny jeans for a casual, yet hip tree-trimming party ensemble. Very useful as you can wear it for New Year's too! $89.50 from Mango.

Such a cute dress, this one from the Ann Taylor Loft requires nothing but shoes and a handbag. The classic style can be worn alone with heels and pearls for a dressy event or pop a cozy cardigan over it to dress it down with tights and boots. It's a three-season dress, and the royal blue color looks great on almost everyone. $59.99 from Ann Taylor Loft.

This festive and fluffy cardigan can add a little pop to a tank and pants. It's so snuggly, your kids will want to keep snuggling with you before you head out the door to that work party. Only $39.95 from H&M. It comes in winter white too!

What is your go-to party look? 

ŠiStockphoto.com/ Marek Uliasz 

by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MDWife12
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 12:15 AM

Something that is warm :)

MDWife12
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 12:16 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't like to be cold (who does?!) so when it comes to any gatherings during the cold months I usually do a nice pair of pants and a nice sweater.

CameronsMommy23
by Amber on Nov. 7, 2012 at 3:17 AM
I love the burgundy dress! I usually wear a nice shirt and black dress pants to holiday parties and a dress to my husband's work party.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
michiganmom116
by Gold Member on Nov. 7, 2012 at 6:38 AM

I still go for the classic silk blouse and slacks.  Sometimes I'll add a holiday pin or silk scarf to the blouse.

MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Nov. 7, 2012 at 6:56 AM

Love the blue dress.

Stevensmomma
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 10:02 AM

Jeans and a nice hoilday colored sweater. But i love that little red dress!!

suziejax
by Suzie on Nov. 7, 2012 at 12:43 PM

my little black dress

momto3isme
by Dawn on Nov. 7, 2012 at 12:49 PM

Most parties are casual so jeans, nice shirt, heels or boots.

cjsmom1
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 8:05 PM
I normally wear nice pants and a nice shirt.
deedee3849
by Deanne on Nov. 7, 2012 at 9:30 PM

Dress pants and a sparkly top or a cardigan set =) I love the Vera Wang top!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)