Welcome to the Club

Getting New Moms Adjusted to Mommyhood One Step at a Time

Group Home

Just for fun: What are you reading?

Posted by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 9:32 PM
  • 29 Replies

Have you read a good book lately?

Do you have any Christmas books you can recommend? I don't read fiction too often but I do enjoy a good Christmas story.

by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 9:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
michiganmom116
by Gold Member on Nov. 7, 2012 at 9:47 PM

I just finished reading Fame, a book by Karen Kingsbury written as part of the Baxter Family set.  This is the first in the "Firstborn" series.

ReesesPieces
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 9:50 PM
I'm not reading anything right now....it's hard finding the time to do anything much less read.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cjsmom1
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 10:03 PM
I'm not reading anything right now :(
I've been working too much
anotherhalf
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 10:40 PM
Miracle in the Andes. Its a good non-fiction but might not be what your looking for.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
suziejax
by Suzie on Nov. 7, 2012 at 11:33 PM

The Good Wifes Guide. You can find it here.

Its by Darlene Schacht with forward by Candice Cameron 

I like it , its motivating me to have a better household!

PB0824
by Member on Nov. 8, 2012 at 8:30 AM

Hello!   I just finished reading "Fifty Shades of Grey", it's the 1st book of a trilogy.   My husband bought me the book (figures).  He says don't buy the other 2 (he prob. bought them for me for x-mas!!!).   It was interesting to say the least. I think guys should read these books for some ideas!   LOL......

I just started reading my favorite mystery series by Janet Evanovich, "Eleven On Top".  It's the Stephanie Plum series where she is a bounty hunter with a kooky side kick named Lula who rides shotgun in her bounty hunter adventures.  it's definitely a laugh out loud series, easy to read, and funny moments.  It is a numbered series, so start with no. 1.  You can google the series to get a list of all the books.

PB0824
by Member on Nov. 8, 2012 at 8:46 AM

For a recommendation on some good Christmas stories, I recommend:

Jan Karon, and the "At Home in Mitford" series of books.   There are quite a few of these books.

First book is "At Home in Mitford".  The books are seen through Father Tim's eyes in the small village of Mitford, North Carolina.  They are charming enjoyable books.  My parents read the whole series.  I got the books for them on half.com and ebay one at a time, but if you can buy the whole series from someone you will probably save some money.  

QuiltLover
by Jocelynn on Nov. 8, 2012 at 9:02 AM
I just started a Karen Kingsbury series, she is a christian writer..I would recommend one but her books are fiction....I simply must have a book near at all times...it is almost ridiculous how many I read in a year....
ProudMomof5Boys
by Member on Nov. 8, 2012 at 9:05 AM
1 mom liked this
Power of Praying Parent by Stormie O
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jbyrd898
by Jessica on Nov. 8, 2012 at 9:49 AM

I am reading the fourth book in the song fire and ice series (game of thrones on HB0)-called Feast for Crows. Not the best one but good.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN