Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Family Piggy Bank The Family Piggy Bank

Chase Blueprint and Christmas Spending

Posted by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 5:39 PM
  • 14 Replies

Hi everyone! I'm Jennifer and was asked to be a Chase Blueprint Influencer. I wanted to tell you all about why I use my credit card and how I make the most out of it, especially around the holiday season. I use (and love!) the Chase Freedom credit card and have been using this card since May 2011.

The holidays are always a great time to create a budget and stick to it. Nothing worse than the January hangover of Christmas bills! We buy for 13 people (not including our little 3 person family) so setting a budget is very important to get through Christmas shopping and having our budget stay positive for the month. We always get everyone a little something for a gift and I make a goody bag of homemade treats to go with the gifts as a little extra something. This helps me save money because I'm not feeling the pressure to purchase a more expensive gift because I am giving the recipient multiple smaller gifts to enjoy.

My husband and I use our Chase Freedom card for all our monthly purchases so we can earn credit card reward points to transfer into cash back or gift cards. We build up the reward points through the year and cash them in to help with holiday shopping. We pay off our balance every month so running a balance is never an issue with us.

Our household is a one income household so managing expenses and sticking to a monthly budget is crucial for being able to stay positive each month and put money away into savings. To manage all our monthly expenses (mortgage, utilities, student loan payments, and all credit card purchases) we currently use an online service called Mint. To manage our Chase Freedom purchases (household purchases, gas, any shopping, and groceries) we use a combination of Chase's Blueprint service and Mint. These tools allow us to track our spending and see where our money is going each month. I love that Chase offers the Blueprint services to help track my spending, especially during the holiday season. It helps me to not over spend by being the fastest updated budgeting tools I use. I can see my pending charges right away and know where my money is going. Thanks for your time and if you have any questions please ask away!     

by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 5:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
deedee3849
by Deanne on Nov. 13, 2012 at 5:45 PM

The Chase card & Mint services sounds helpful! Thanks for sharing!

jaedynmoon
by Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 5:55 PM

I definitely recommend the Chase Blueprint service if you have a Chase card.  I have cut down on my spending a lot by using the Blueprint service to see where all my money goes.  Makes me rethink purchases and prioritize them each month.  Thanks for reading my post! :)

Quoting deedee3849:

The Chase card & Mint services sounds helpful! Thanks for sharing!

MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Nov. 13, 2012 at 5:59 PM

Thanks for sharing!

michiganmom116
by Gold Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 6:02 PM

Can you link Chase Blueprint and Mint?

jaedynmoon
by Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 10:03 PM

Sure thing!  

Here is Chase Blueprint: https://www.chase.com/blueprint/

Here is Mint: https://www.mint.com/

Quoting michiganmom116:

jaedynmoon
by Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 10:03 PM

Thanks for reading! :)

Quoting MamaBear2cubs:

Thanks for sharing!

AzariahsMother
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 10:47 PM

Thanks for sharing again.

ReesesPieces
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 8:09 AM
We use Mint. We don't use credit cards, so no need to the Blueprint one, but Mint is a great financial tool as well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
michiganmom116
by Gold Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 8:14 AM

Sorry, I meant can you link them together so they'll work together to help manage spending.

Quoting jaedynmoon:

Sure thing!  

Here is Chase Blueprint: https://www.chase.com/blueprint/

Here is Mint: https://www.mint.com/

Quoting michiganmom116:

SlightlyPerfect
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 8:58 AM

Oh, I love Mint!

Congrats on being chosen!

slightlyperfect

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)