Welcome to the Club

Getting New Moms Adjusted to Mommyhood One Step at a Time

Group Home

Chase Blueprint and Christmas Spending

Posted by   + Show Post

Hi everyone! I'm Jennifer and was asked to be a Chase Blueprint Influencer. I wanted to tell you all about why I use my credit card and how I make the most out of it, especially around the holiday season. I use (and love!) the Chase Freedom credit card and have been using this card since May 2011.

The holidays are always a great time to create a budget and stick to it. Nothing worse than the January hangover of Christmas bills! We buy for 13 people (not including our little 3 person family) so setting a budget is very important to get through Christmas shopping and having our budget stay positive for the month. We always get everyone a little something for a gift and I make a goody bag of homemade treats to go with the gifts as a little extra something. This helps me save money because I'm not feeling the pressure to purchase a more expensive gift because I am giving the recipient multiple smaller gifts to enjoy.

My husband and I use our Chase Freedom card for all our monthly purchases so we can earn credit card reward points to transfer into cash back or gift cards. We build up the reward points through the year and cash them in to help with holiday shopping. We pay off our balance every month so running a balance is never an issue with us.

Our household is a one income household so managing expenses and sticking to a monthly budget is crucial for being able to stay positive each month and put money away into savings. To manage all our monthly expenses (mortgage, utilities, student loan payments, and all credit card purchases) we currently use an online service called Mint. To manage our Chase Freedom purchases (household purchases, gas, any shopping, and groceries) we use a combination of Chase's Blueprint service and Mint. These tools allow us to track our spending and see where our money is going each month. I love that Chase offers the Blueprint services to help track my spending, especially during the holiday season. It helps me to not over spend by being the fastest updated budgeting tools I use. I can see my pending charges right away and know where my money is going. Thanks for your time and if you have any questions please ask away!     

by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 5:39 PM
Replies (11-14):
jaedynmoon
by Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 10:09 AM

OH! Haha sorry! :)  In Mint you can link up your credit card accounts to track spending but the Blueprint services are specificially for the Chase credit cards and the service can't be linked up with Mint.

Quoting michiganmom116:

Sorry, I meant can you link them together so they'll work together to help manage spending.

Quoting jaedynmoon:

Sure thing!  

Here is Chase Blueprint: https://www.chase.com/blueprint/

Here is Mint: https://www.mint.com/

Quoting michiganmom116:

Can you link Chase Blueprint and Mint?

michiganmom116
by Gold Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 10:10 AM

Thanks!

Quoting jaedynmoon:

OH! Haha sorry! :)  In Mint you can link up your credit card accounts to track spending but the Blueprint services are specificially for the Chase credit cards and the service can't be linked up with Mint.

Quoting michiganmom116:

Sorry, I meant can you link them together so they'll work together to help manage spending.

Quoting jaedynmoon:

Sure thing!  

Here is Chase Blueprint: https://www.chase.com/blueprint/

Here is Mint: https://www.mint.com/

Quoting michiganmom116:

Can you link Chase Blueprint and Mint?

CameronsMommy23
by Amber on Nov. 14, 2012 at 9:41 PM
1 mom liked this
We use Mint too. :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jaedynmoon
by Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 1:58 PM

Thank you! :)

Quoting SlightlyPerfect:

Oh, I love Mint!

Congrats on being chosen!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN