Welcome to the Club

Getting New Moms Adjusted to Mommyhood One Step at a Time

Group Home

Do you worry about the cost of preparing a Thanksgiving meal? Or do you splurge?

turkey dinnerpumpkin pie

by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 9:41 AM
Replies (21-27):
deedee3849
by Deanne on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:09 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting CameronsMommy23:

Plus we eat leftovers from turkey day for several days after. I think that warrants the cost.

That's true! It may be a lot for 1 meal but when you get several out of it, it's worth it!

cjsmom1
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:40 PM

I actually need to go get more food since I'm having some extra people.

MDWife12
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:48 PM

We go to other peoples houses so we don't have to worry about preperation :)

yvonne37
by Yvonne on Nov. 20, 2012 at 5:55 AM
1 mom liked this

hey you're right.. never thought of that :) i joke around saying that we will have to make turkey ice cream with some of the leftovers.

Quoting CameronsMommy23:

Plus we eat leftovers from turkey day for several days after. I think that warrants the cost.

----- Visit my CafeMom homepage at http://www.cafemom.com/home/yvonne37
MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Nov. 20, 2012 at 7:35 AM

We shop around for the best prices

ReesesPieces
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 11:01 AM
I am worried about the cost of gas on our trip and the horrendous traffic. It's why I hate traveling on thanksgiving.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ReesesPieces
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 11:06 AM
I did however pick up some stuff at Publix yesterday. We, as y'all know, got a free turkey from there. Then they had B1G1 sales for: cranberries, celery, green beans, cream of mushroom soup (for green bean casserole, Alexia frozen rolls, sour cream, various pies and cheese cakes, crackers, cheeses, and pickles. Probably more stuff too, but that basically covers half of thanksgiving. So at least at Publix, you can save a lot of money. I saved $204 and spent $137. It was nice to stock up on so many things that we need.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement