Welcome to the Club

Getting New Moms Adjusted to Mommyhood One Step at a Time

Group Home

Thanksgiving Decor from Pinterest

Posted by   + Show Post

Welcome to Thanksgiving week! Are we ready? Who's travelling? Who's hosting a feast? No matter what you are doing this week to celebrate that national holiday for giving thanks, you are probably decorating your home a bit. I'm right there with you and have spent many hours over at Pinterest getting inspired (yes, it is a fantastic form of procrastination). What did I find? Check it out!

Instead of the usual wreath, use the whole door! With colored chalk, write "Thanksgiving" or "Blessings" or whatever you want. Simple, easy, genius!

This is one the kids can do, too! See the how-to (and more ideas) over at Fiskars.com, you take black cups (or other ones you cover with black paper) and create awesome pilgrim hats. So cute, right?

Put that printer to good use when you make blessing garland. Like the red-and-green paper-looped strings you see at Christmas, print out blessings from Silver Box Creative (or anything you want really), cut them into strips, connect them and -- voila! -- chic and elegant way to share blessings.

Pumpkins are still everywhere, but take yours to the next level with some paint. I am gaga over these chevron-striped ones I spotted from My Sweet Savannah. Pick any paint colors (you can use spray paint too!), tape off the pattern, and place on the porch or the mantle or so a grouping of smaller ones as a centerpiece.

Get your guests into the action with this thankful board. Tatertots and Jello used an old frame and string to make hers, but you can come up with anything you have around the house, I think. Add thankful tags with pins or clothespins or whathave you. Place it at the entryway, or maybe on the buffet table.

How do you decorate for Thanksgiving?

ŠiStockphoto.com/ PinkTag 

by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (21-26):
deedee3849
by Deanne on Nov. 22, 2012 at 9:39 AM

Quoting suziejax:

I love pinterest!

me too! It's is a crafter's dream!

deedee3849
by Deanne on Nov. 22, 2012 at 9:40 AM

I was thinking I'd really like decor that can become part of a tradition. The Give Thanks board would be great for that.

MDWife12
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 2:53 PM
I don't usually decorate for Thanksgiving :)
MDWife12
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 2:53 PM

But I love how creative some people are :)

MDWife12
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 2:55 PM

I did make a really cute thankfulness tree in MOPS, you can use it as decoration year round but it def works for a Thanksgiving decoration :)

yvonne37
by Yvonne on Nov. 23, 2012 at 7:25 AM

I dont decorate too much for thankgiving.. usually flowers and thats it. Love the frame thank you notes idea ;)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement