Welcome to the Club

Getting New Moms Adjusted to Mommyhood One Step at a Time

Group Home

Am I the only one?

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:33 PM
  • 14 Replies
Am I the only one who buys their kids' coats a size or two too big to get more use out of them?? I can't fathom spending $20-30 on a coat and only use it 1 season.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ReesesPieces
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:35 PM
My hubby thinks I'm nuts for it. He always asks "why do t you just get their size? You can still hand it down!". He's right - we have 3 boys and 2 girls, but that's still not long enough. lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Madelaine
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:37 PM
I do the same thing!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
cjsmom1
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 11:45 PM

I normally get them a size bigger but they only fit him for the one year. I normally donate them to a friend after.

michiganmom116
by Gold Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 5:14 AM

I used to do that.  Now the kids are old enough that they can get a few years out of a coat before they need a new one.

jbyrd898
by Jessica on Nov. 17, 2012 at 7:17 AM

I havent really done that.

QuiltLover
by Jocelynn on Nov. 17, 2012 at 7:32 AM
1 mom liked this

We buy the six grandkids new coats every year...sometimes it is nice to get something new..they are so thrilled get to pick it out. I buy them at JCPenneys when they are having their 50% off. I buy alot of used clothes for them all year at a thrift store so the coats are a treat. 

deedee3849
by Deanne on Nov. 17, 2012 at 9:06 AM

My son is usually between sizes at the start of the school year so i do buy a size up for him to "grow into" Otherwise, 6 months into the school year I have to buy everything over again. I always get 2 years out of coats.

Moms_Angels1960
by Cheryl on Nov. 17, 2012 at 10:04 AM

Nope, you are not I think my dd is on yr 3 with hers.

clowry02
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 10:09 AM

I do that

suziejax
by Suzie on Nov. 17, 2012 at 3:34 PM

i used to do that until now my kids are now fashion trendy ( so they think) teens who a growing to much. My girls taste changes way to fast. 

My son is kinda hatling some on growth but he is having changing taste as well too so since I only have two kids I buy what they like when I can

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN