Welcome to the Club

Getting New Moms Adjusted to Mommyhood One Step at a Time

Group Home

When you splurge on dinner out....

Posted by   + Show Post

Where do you like to go?

It's our anniversary this coming week so we are celebrating with dinner and a movie tonight. We haven't decided where to go yet but I'm thinking of our favorite local Mexican Restaurant, Compadres. Sounds great to me!

popcorn

by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 9:36 AM
Replies (21-30):
MDWife12
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 8:17 PM

once in a while we splurge on a nice italian restaurant or tasty sea food place but not very often - usually when we go out to eat it is mexican :) yum yum yum!!!

JonesMama
by Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 12:02 AM

Yep. They give you a raw steak and bring out this really hot stone (like 500 degrees or more?) and you put it on and cook it yourself to your liking. It's fun like fondue.

Quoting SlightlyPerfect:

Do they really serve steak on a stone?

Quoting JonesMama:

Our favorite Mexican restaurant is called Compadres, too. We also like the hibachi places and a restaurant called Steak on a Stone.

yvonne37
by Yvonne on Nov. 18, 2012 at 6:39 AM

I know what you mean.. we used to say.. "what to eat today?" and think of a country -"hey! why not Vietnamese?" lol and there it was... by the way i love their chicken curry ;)

Quoting cjsmom1:

I miss living in NY. There were so many different restaurants that you could get any food that there was to eat.

Quoting yvonne37:

we like red lobster, but we also go to new places.  Our anniversary spot is a french restaurant in brooklyn called bellaville... the food is amazing! and the ambience so romantic.  we also like to go to a place in staten island called the Marina, its on the water... wonder if it is still there with Sandy and all. :/

----- Visit my CafeMom homepage at http://www.cafemom.com/home/yvonne37
yvonne37
by Yvonne on Nov. 18, 2012 at 6:41 AM

this sounds like fun.. lol.. unless you think of it as "why am I cooking my dinner?"  lol.. does it cost the same? I mean, you have to do it yourself so I think it should be less expensive then having it done by a cook... just saying.. lol

Quoting JonesMama:

Yep. They give you a raw steak and bring out this really hot stone (like 500 degrees or more?) and you put it on and cook it yourself to your liking. It's fun like fondue.

Quoting SlightlyPerfect:

Do they really serve steak on a stone?

Quoting JonesMama:

Our favorite Mexican restaurant is called Compadres, too. We also like the hibachi places and a restaurant called Steak on a Stone.

----- Visit my CafeMom homepage at http://www.cafemom.com/home/yvonne37
MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Nov. 18, 2012 at 9:53 AM

We like Red Lobster

sweetmissy_05
by Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 9:56 AM

The local Mexican restaurant or Ground Round or another nice restaurant.

mammapav
by Bronze Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 10:00 AM

Red Lobster or Olive Garden

Stevensmomma
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:03 AM

we had a monthly splurge yesterday it was nice nothing crazy but apple bees 

boshs1andonly
by Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:05 AM

When we really want to splurge we go to Texas de Brazil or Fogo De Chao. It's easy to justify the money to dh because it's all you can eat meat lol. If we're going out but have a smaller budget we like Olive Garden and Outback. 

deedee3849
by Deanne on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:17 AM

Quoting Stevensmomma:

we had a monthly splurge yesterday it was nice nothing crazy but apple bees 

Applebee's is a great family restaurant. We love going there.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN