Welcome to the Club

Getting New Moms Adjusted to Mommyhood One Step at a Time

Group Home

Help! I need energy...

Posted by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 8:50 AM
  • 17 Replies

We are all trying to live a healthy life, one that does not involve chemicals and "fake" things.

I try to eat healthy, cook healthy, keep my house healthy, think healthy.. aaagggghhh!  but I find myself being tired all the time. 

I take vitamins and they help, but I was wondering if any of you lovely ladies know of a product that I can take (pill, herb, tea, powder, etc) in addition to all the rest that I do to keep my energy levels up.

I need that extra boost because between home, family and school I am beat and running on empty most of the time.

Thanks for your input :)

----- Visit my CafeMom homepage at http://www.cafemom.com/home/yvonne37
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 8:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
michiganmom116
by Gold Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 9:04 AM

How much sleep are you getting?

Do you drink 60 to 80 oz. of water (water, not just liquids) a day?

...and I'll say it again:  dump the grains and grain products.  Once I did that, my energy level skyrocketed (and I'm almost 47 yrs old!)  I don't take supplements or vitamins, either.

Momforhealth
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 9:21 AM
More snacks and water. Im sure you're burning lots of calories with all that you're doing ...wow. Maybe a nap when you can schedule one in. Listen to your body. No caffine after 12pm will help you get better rest at night. I hope you feel better. Good job on all your hard work.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
yvonne37
by Yvonne on Nov. 18, 2012 at 9:26 AM

sleep? well.. I go to sleep around 11ish and get up at 4:40am, help my husband leave for work and sometimes, if I am extremely tired, go back to bed and sleep around another hour, then he calls me to let me know he got to work ok.. so lets see all in all i am sleeping around 5 hours (interrupted). So yeah.. my sleep pattern sucks.

Water I know I need to drink more... its my bad habit not to remember to drink water, when I workout I usually carry a brita bottle with filter and spend all day drinking from it, but with school I dont have time to workout so I have stopped drinking the amount I need :/  Thanks for bringing that up.. I will have to keep this in mind and be more diligent.

About the grains.. well, how do I do that? I still have to feed my family and they will not stop eating what they do now, but I could try it myself.  Can you give me like a "map" of what should I do? I understand by grains you mean rice and things like that... but what else? 

Quoting michiganmom116:

...and I'll say it again:  dump the grains and grain products.  Once I did that, my energy level skyrocketed (and I'm almost 47 yrs old!)  I don't take supplements or vitamins, either.

yvonne37
by Yvonne on Nov. 18, 2012 at 9:34 AM

thanks :)  my problem is not falling asleep, I am asleep before my head touches the pillow lol I believe I am not sleeping much because I have to get up before 5am to make breakfast for my husband and prepare his lunch, not to mention that our daughter wakes up in the middle of the night sometimes because of dreams or she needs something, then my son gets up at 6am to get ready.. so sometimes I stay up from 5am to help him get ready and wont go to bed until 11pm.  I do have a low around 4pm were sometimes my eyes are just shutting... hubby usually tells me to take a nap.. but i hate to sleep during the day because i wake up groggy and in a bad mood and start thinking of all the things I didnt do because i was sleeping.. yeah I am a wreck lol.. 

The other day I was at the doctor for some shots and all of the sudden I thought of a paper that was due from school and my feet and hands got cold, my heart started beating fast and my stomach jumped.. i told my husband (he was sitting next to me) and he was telling me I need to stop stressing like that over things. I actually stopped and listened to my body.. its crazy! all the chemical changes that take place when you worry.

Quoting Momforhealth:

More snacks and water. Im sure you're burning lots of calories with all that you're doing ...wow. Maybe a nap when you can schedule one in. Listen to your body. No caffine after 12pm will help you get better rest at night. I hope you feel better. Good job on all your hard work.

michiganmom116
by Gold Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 9:37 AM

My family doesn't eat grains by my choice (I'm the one that cooks, they eat it.)  No cereal, no bread, no pasta.  I still maintain the same amount of meat/poultry/fish we were eating before the change in our diet, but now I add more veggies to meals in the form of roasted veggies, steamed veggies, and a variety of veggie salads.  I also use almond meal and coconut flour to make the occasional pancakes/waffles/crackers/baked goods.

Breakfasts are veggie hash w/poached eggs, omelets, grain-free pancakes or waffles, eggs in ham cups, hard boiled eggs with grapefruit or oranges, crustless quiches or frittatas.

Lunches are soups/stews, leftovers, chef salads, tuna/salmon cakes with a side salad.

Sample dinners include meaty spaghetti sauce baked with spaghetti squash, meatball & veggie bake, chicken parmesan served over a salad instead of pasta, beef or chicken roasts with potatoes and veggies/salads, baked fish with carrots and a broccoli casserole, meatloaf with roasted veggies and a salad, chili or soups/stews with grain-free muffins, pizza made with a spaghetti squash or almond meal crust...and I've got more.

Quoting yvonne37:

About the grains.. well, how do I do that? I still have to feed my family and they will not stop eating what they do now, but I could try it myself.  Can you give me like a "map" of what should I do? I understand by grains you mean rice and things like that... but what else? 

Quoting michiganmom116:

MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Nov. 18, 2012 at 9:41 AM

Are you taking any multi vitamins?

yvonne37
by Yvonne on Nov. 18, 2012 at 9:47 AM

ok I see what you mean.. wow its amazing, thanks!  Where do you purchase the ingredients.. because I know we live in different states and here I would have to go to the health or organic department to get this kind of things. like for example, coconut flour or spaghetti squash.. now I am going to check that out online :))  You are right on one thing... if I cook it, they have to eat it. Maybe this is what my family needs to become healthier. I am going to look into it and give it a try. Thanks Rhonda.

Quoting michiganmom116:

My family doesn't eat grains by my choice (I'm the one that cooks, they eat it.)  No cereal, no bread, no pasta.  I still maintain the same amount of meat/poultry/fish we were eating before the change in our diet, but now I add more veggies to meals in the form of roasted veggies, steamed veggies, and a variety of veggie salads.  I also use almond meal and coconut flour to make the occasional pancakes/waffles/crackers/baked goods.

Breakfasts are veggie hash w/poached eggs, omelets, grain-free pancakes or waffles, eggs in ham cups, hard boiled eggs with grapefruit or oranges, crustless quiches or frittatas.

Lunches are soups/stews, leftovers, chef salads, tuna/salmon cakes with a side salad.

Sample dinners include meaty spaghetti sauce baked with spaghetti squash, meatball & veggie bake, chicken parmesan served over a salad instead of pasta, beef or chicken roasts with potatoes and veggies/salads, baked fish with carrots and a broccoli casserole, meatloaf with roasted veggies and a salad, chili or soups/stews with grain-free muffins, pizza made with a spaghetti squash or almond meal crust...and I've got more.

Quoting yvonne37:

Quoting michiganmom116:

yvonne37
by Yvonne on Nov. 18, 2012 at 9:48 AM

yep.. i think that if it wasnt for that I would be in a comma lol :)

Quoting MamaBear2cubs:

Are you taking any multi vitamins?

michiganmom116
by Gold Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 10:21 AM
1 mom liked this

I buy coconut flour from Amazon and you can get almond meal from Honeyville Farm's website.  MUCH cheaper than at health stores.  As for the spaghetti squash, just look around your stores or farmer's market.  An alternative for the spaghetti squash is shredded  cabbage:  it picks up the flavors of the food it's cooked with and is actually pretty good!

Quoting yvonne37:

ok I see what you mean.. wow its amazing, thanks!  Where do you purchase the ingredients.. because I know we live in different states and here I would have to go to the health or organic department to get this kind of things. like for example, coconut flour or spaghetti squash.. now I am going to check that out online :))  You are right on one thing... if I cook it, they have to eat it. Maybe this is what my family needs to become healthier. I am going to look into it and give it a try. Thanks Rhonda.

Quoting michiganmom116:

Quoting yvonne37:

Quoting michiganmom116:

Stevensmomma
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:01 AM

drink lots of water, green tea, vitamin c ( eat a orange) or drink the juice

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN