Welcome to the Club

Getting New Moms Adjusted to Mommyhood One Step at a Time

Group Home

When there were no cellphones?

And you used to have to tell your friends, "meet you this saturday at 5pm at the deli"  and you had to keep that promise or call their house the day before to cancel?

I think people were more punctual and responsible then because they didnt have much options, like now, were you can call them and say, wait for me I am on my way...

Hey.. i am not that old.. im 42 and i remember when I was a teen we didnt have cellphones lol.. ;)  remember these!! :))  my parents had this exact same one.

----- Visit my CafeMom homepage at http://www.cafemom.com/home/yvonne37
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 9:42 AM
Replies (11-12):
Amy127
by Bronze Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:26 AM
No I always knew someone with a cell phone. I didn't get one until I was 16.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sparkyco2
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:01 AM

my mom still works on the same ambulance service as an EMT since 1972 (i was 5 back then), anyway i remember that their big advancement was beepers for paging them out on a run....

what did they use before the Beeper came around?.......

they used the telephone..... everytime my mom was on call she would have to sit at home because they would call her on the telephone.... i don't know how they did it but our phone would ring normal when someone would call us BUT when the sheriff's office called or paged her out the phone would ring as one steady very loud ring, there weren't cordless phones back then so they installed a bell outside the house so she could go out and do yard work etc. while being on call. 

now 40 years later she is still working on as a EMT and they have two way radios to page them out and cell phones..... NUTS how things have changed so much

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement