Welcome to the Club

Getting New Moms Adjusted to Mommyhood One Step at a Time

Group Home

Black Friday Sales -- Tips and Hints!!

Posted by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 12:00 AM
  • 25 Replies

Who's warming up those shopping muscles? Who's made a detailed map of what areas you are hitting first, second and fourteenth in that mall? Yup, we've all seen the ads...Black Friday is just two days away. If you are planning on heading to the stores or the mall, sure, you will score some fabulous deals, but know the fine print, use your time and money wisely, and stay safe. A few friendly reminders for us all:

-- Check out the return policy. Some stores change them for Black Friday specials; even providing only store credit for returned merchandise. Also, if you are buying gifts, remember to get a gift receipt, as many stores may not credit the full amount you paid if they choose to return it.

-- Don't bother with "doorbusters." They are usually already pretty low in price and may go lower after the Black Friday rush.

-- Have a list and stick to it. You will be swayed. You will be on a shopping high. It is a fact...be sure you have in mind what you want to buy, do that -- and then leave. This is the best way not to go over budget or buy things you will regret later.

-- Check your wallet and keep track of your credit cards and cash continuously throughout your shopping trip. In the hustle and bustle and all of the crowds, we can easily lose track of stuff. This is a huge weekend for pickpockets, so that accidental bump may not have been so accidental.

-- Same rules go for online shopping. Check out return policies and shop safely at sites you know and trust.

What are you shopping for on Black Friday? What is your best and worst Black Friday stories?

ŠiStockphoto.com/ PinkTag

by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
quickbooksworm
by Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 12:01 AM
My tip is to buy online LOL.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ReesesPieces
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 12:06 AM
I'm hoping to buy online. If not, I'll be trying to get Skylanders Giants on sale, then I want to get dual DVD players for the minivan. I already have 2, but it'd be nice to have 4 since I have 5 kiddos.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darnette
by New Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 12:43 AM
Bump
michiganmom116
by Gold Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 6:26 AM

I'm not planning to step foot in a store on Black Friday.  I've been shopping twice in my life on BF and both times were extremely stressful, insane, and even dangerous.  I'll shop from home.

jbyrd898
by Jessica on Nov. 21, 2012 at 6:28 AM

This is the first year I am considering going black Friday shopping!

suziejax
by Suzie on Nov. 21, 2012 at 10:38 AM

I quit a few years back to do it online. This year I MIGHT attempt to go to the 8 pm thursday black friday start. BUT I will not be going to the 3 am deals.

yvonne37
by Yvonne on Nov. 21, 2012 at 11:26 AM

Very good advice, thanks. specially the one on keeping track of your cards and wallet, its very easy to forget a credit card on a register or to "lose" your wallet when you are in a rush and with the mess of people.

Also, if you could, dont shop with small children..

we are not purchasing anything, I am not even going to the stores on those days.. its crazy.

Twingle2009
by New Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 2:14 PM

We are heading out there. Mostly to see the decorations and find clothes for my Dad. I have done most of my shopping online already. 

I also found something else online that I can't order until Thanksgiving evening. 

AzariahsMother
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 2:44 PM

I am not shopping on Black Friday. 

Stevensmomma
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 5:04 PM

nothin iam done ! Yay!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN