Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Where will you be eating Thanksgiving dinner?

Posted by   + Show Post

Is Thanksgiving dinner at your house or someone else's?

baby
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 7:54 PM
Replies (21-28):
cjsmom1
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:47 PM

Kind of. I work with adults with intellectual disabilities and it's normally a 1:1 setting. However, my client is deaf and blind with some other things but do to this we have 2 staff.

Quoting thedathree:

Quoting cjsmom1:

Tuesday I'm cooking a big Thanksgiving dinner at my house and Thursday I'll be eating with my client and her family.

do you do home health care?

MDWife12
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:55 PM

We are going to be in Fargo, my husband is up there with his sisters and we are moving up there, so since I have the car the kids and I are going up there :) First time seeing my husband in 2 1/2 weeks!!! :) EEK!!!

AzariahsMother
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:58 PM

Well we were going to go to Milwaukee WI, but now looks like I will be cooking just a ham with mac and cheese.

thedathree
by Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:28 PM
Quoting cjsmom1:

that's really cool. My son is completely blind, tube fed, diapers, non verbal and physically and mentally handicapped. That's reaally neat you work with people who have special needs.
thedathree
by Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:31 PM
Quoting AzariahsMother:

Well we were going to go to Milwaukee WI, but now looks like I will be cooking just a ham with mac and cheese.

Are you from Milwaukee?I'm about an hour and a half from there. My baby's father is from Milwaukee and his family stays there but he is in prison right now and I'm kinda close to my due date (c section scheduled on nov 30th) so I'm not goinf to travel alone with kids that far.
yvonne37
by Yvonne on Nov. 20, 2012 at 5:53 AM

ok now this was sorted out... we will be going to my uncle's house for a little, because my husband works the next day and we will be having a special dinner on saturday and have some guests over at our house :)

cjsmom1
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 9:14 AM

I parents of kids who have disabilities. I can't imagine how hard it is. My client is deaf, has autism, is bipolar, and is depressed. She became blind about 3 years ago due to self injurous behavior. I absolutely love working with her. It can be challenging at times but the good definitely outweighs the bad.

Quoting thedathree:

that's really cool. My son is completely blind, tube fed, diapers, non verbal and physically and mentally handicapped. That's reaally neat you work with people who have special needs.

Legaltype
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 9:54 AM

At my house. We probably won't eat until about 6:00 though because my son has to go to his father's house during the day.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)