Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Shipping and Handling

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:51 AM
  • 14 Replies

When you shop online, how much do you think is too much to pay  for shipping and handling?

baby
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Amy127
by Bronze Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:21 AM
I won't usually pay more than $6 for shipping. I usually wait for a free shipping deal to pop up. This is in a normal basis, I have made exceptions for faster shipping.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
michiganmom116
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:51 AM

It depends on the size and weight of the article, and how far I'd have to drive to find the same item in the store.  I've paid $30 in shipping for something that I would have had to drive 2 hours to find otherwise.  My time and the price of gas made that decision easy.

AzariahsMother
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:53 AM
Depends on what I am getting and the cost of the item.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thedathree
by Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:41 AM
Depends on where online and what. Amazon you can get free ship on a lot of stuff that's over 25$. I just look to make sure items I put in cart qualify. My baby wipes I buy off ebay but they are drop shipped from sams club have free ship. So that's better than ordering off Sam's website or walmart and paying for shipping.
MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:01 AM

I won't pay more then $5

suziejax
by Suzie on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:32 PM
1 mom liked this

I love to hsop when I get free shipping actually anything more than that is to much for me lol

aj23
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:49 PM

When shipping is more than a tenth of the total it's too much. I live in a rinky dink town so I do about 90% of my non food shopping online and I've only paid for shipping once in over a year. The one time I paid for it it was for a book on Amazon, the book was 1 cent and the shipping was $3.99.  

heather4511
by Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:56 PM
Too much is when shipping costs more than what you bought. Though I always like to look for free shipping.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
cjsmom1
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:05 PM

I try to shop when there's free shipping

cjsmom1
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:06 PM

What I would pay for shipping would depend on what I'm buying. If I could get it somewhere nearby, if I ordered itbecause of convenience, etc.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)