Turn a metal canning jar lid into an adorable snowman decoration. Paints and a ribbon make this little frosty a great one for any room. Display him proudly or give him as a gift. It's easy to make.
- DecoArt Products Required
- No-Prep Metal Paint
- DMP01 - Bright White
- DMP06 - Bright Orange
- DMP09 - Strawberry Shake
- DMP20 - Bright Blue
- DMP32 - Coal Black
- Regular-mouth metal canning jar lid
- Foam plate
- Lo-temp glue gun and glue sticks
- 1/2" flat brush
- Liner brush
- 12" piece of 3/8" wide ribbon
- 10-mm round foam pouncer brush
Note: Let dry after steps 1 through 6.
- Use flat brush and Bright White to paint top of lid.
- Refer to photo for placement and use pouncer brush dipped in Strawberry Shake to dot on cheeks.
- Use end of brush handle dipped in Bright Blue to paint oval dots for eyes.
- Use liner brush and Bright Orange to paint carrot nose.
- Use end of liner brush handle dipped in Coal Black to paint row of dots for mouth.
- Use end of liner brush handle dipped in Bright White to dot highlights on eyes.
- Fold ribbon with ends uneven. Tie ribbon 2.5" from fold. Refer to photo and place bottom of lid between ribbon loop and glue ribbon scarf in place.
- Finish item as desired to create ornament, gift tag, pin, or magnet:
- For pin, attach self-adhesive pin back to upper center at back of completed lid.
- For magnet, attach 1" piece of self-adhesive magnetic strip to back center of completed lid.
- For ornament or gift tag, formloop from 10" length of 3/8" wide ribbon and glue between ribbon ends, aligning edges; glue ends to upper center back of lid.
We used a new lid with silver finish and minimal lettering. Using lids with printing or colors may require basecoat of Bright White.
on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:51 PM