Welcome to the Club

Getting New Moms Adjusted to Mommyhood One Step at a Time

Group Home

The one thing from the craft store you need!

Posted by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 12:00 AM
  • 28 Replies
1 mom liked this

You'd be surprised, but I'm not all that crafty. I love crafts. I wish I were craftier. I attempt it, I get into phases of craftiness and not-so-craftiness. My kiddo is definitely crafty, so we end up at the craft store a lot to get supplies. As I am wandering the aisles, I think about all of those great items I've seen online (yes, I procrastinate surfing on Pinterest and other blogs). Many times, you can create something on your own that you have seen in stores for much less...and yes, doing it yourself can often save you money.

I keep coming back to the one uber-awesome thing you need if you even want to dabble in craftiness....and it is this: a wreath ring. Could be flat, could be Styrofoam, but you can do so much with it...and reuse it all year-round (double bonus wallet score!). Check out these ideas:

Absolutely cool, this snowball wreath from Two Junk Chix is perfect...and so easy to make it go with any décor - just change whatever color yarn you use.

I spotted this bow wreath over at BHG.com....amazingly simple and elegant. You can create them for any occasion, even baby showers!

Danielle Burkleo is the wreath master. With a bit of yarn and felt, you can make a wreath and then interchange seasonal felt flowers or adornment. Again, it all starts with that wreath form.

Do you love wreaths? What is your favorite craft store buy?

©iStockphoto.com/ DaydreamsGirl

by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
yvonne37
by Yvonne on Nov. 26, 2012 at 3:37 AM

i love wreaths! and that pink one I would love to have.. just decorated our tree in purple and that pink!

michiganmom116
by Gold Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 6:38 AM

I'm not a fan of wreaths.

For me, anything to do with needlecraft -- yarn, floss, needles, etc. -- is what I must have!

ReesesPieces
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 8:21 AM
I love wreaths. I need to make a Christmas one. I have yarn, so I might just do that one.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Nov. 26, 2012 at 8:29 AM

I just made a tulle wreath!

elasmimi
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 8:40 AM

I love the first one, I have a black door and those colors are awesome.

mrswillie
by Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 8:45 AM

I loke the balls

MichelleK41
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 8:58 AM

Yes I love wreaths. I like to get anything holiday craft related, LOL.

goddess99
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 9:08 AM

I do like wreaths. I love JoAnn's they have the cutest stuff.

deedee3849
by Deanne on Nov. 26, 2012 at 9:21 AM

I do love wreaths. My favorite would be fresh balsam branches with a red bow and some pine cones. I love the smell, so festive. I usually hang up a fake one and I enjoy the more traditional look of a Christmas wreath. 

deedee3849
by Deanne on Nov. 26, 2012 at 9:22 AM

I love to shop at Jo-Ann Fabrics and Pat Catans. I could get lost in those stores for hours~

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN