Welcome to the Club

Getting New Moms Adjusted to Mommyhood One Step at a Time

Group Home

Holiday apps that are awesome!

Posted by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 12:00 AM
  • 25 Replies
1 mom liked this

We got back from our Thanksgiving travels yesterday...it entailed cross-country travel - truly. NYC to California (and back). Four different airplanes and more hoursthan I want to remember. I just need to take a moment to praise the computer gods for a) inventing the iPad, b) developing apps that my kiddo likes, and c) figuring out how to make wine cold at 30,000 feet.

I'm already thinking of the next holiday travel we will have...which will involve a nine-hour car ride and I'm thinking we may need some new apps to keep the kiddo busy and happy - or at least attempt to do so. I've checked out some great holiday apps, some that will definitely work to achieve that, as well as a few just for the rest of us adults.

iMenorah - My husband is Jewish. I'm Lutheran. We celebrate both Hanukkah and Christmas. Our first Hanukkah, I almost burned down the apartment...long story. This app can be an easy -- and safe way -- for me to light the menorah during those crazy eight nights, with blessings Kiddo and I can sing along with...pretty cool.

Santa Tracker - Read Santa's blog, track his whereabouts, find out all of the North Pole news...and answer the questions asked 52 times a day during December: When will it be Christmas? Pure fun for the family.

Christmas Matching for Kids - Perfect for holiday travel time, a great matching game featuring holiday pictures and icons. Cool and educational! 

Skype - This one is for us. When you can't get everyone together (or if you get stranded at the airport because of a blizzard), be a part of the festivities virtually. Get the Skype app and communicate with loved ones no matter where you are.   

What holiday apps do you have?

ŠiStockphoto.com/ Prykhodov

by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
suziejax
by Suzie on Nov. 28, 2012 at 12:29 AM

a christmas puzzle game on my Nook Tablet its fun!

jbyrd898
by Jessica on Nov. 28, 2012 at 1:40 AM

I dont have any holiday apps, but I do use skype

michiganmom116
by Gold Member on Nov. 28, 2012 at 6:23 AM

Well, nothing yet....but I'll check these out.  Thanks!

MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Nov. 28, 2012 at 7:07 AM

I like the Santa tracker idea!

cjsmom1
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 8:08 AM
I don't have any holiday apps. Ds never uses my phone so there's no point in putting them on my phone
Stevensmomma
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 9:38 AM

none yet i dont get my i pad until xmas !! cant wait !!

deedee3849
by Deanne on Nov. 28, 2012 at 5:27 PM

I have a junk phone...no apps, lol

ReesesPieces
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 7:23 PM

I dont' have any but that Santa Tracker one sounds like fun.

CameronsMommy23
by Amber on Nov. 28, 2012 at 10:43 PM
Santa tracker sounds cool!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
elasmimi
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 8:38 AM

None yet, but I'll be trying the Santa tracker!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN