Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Yay or Nay Holiday meal bundle, will it save?

Posted by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 12:15 AM
  • 10 Replies

Yay or Nay to premade thanksgiving meals you can buy at stores in a bundle? 

Do you think they are worth the money?

turkey dinner

by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 12:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
darnette
by New Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 12:39 AM
2 moms liked this
Nay, what you save in money you lose in memories. Plus my entire family waits all year for my baked Mac n cheese. And I can't wait to make it with my 7 year old DD this year
michiganmom116
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 6:28 AM

As I'm getting older, I would LOVE to find a store bundle that suited our dietary needs so that I don't spend two days cooking for a meal that we'll enjoy for 30 minutes at most.  Maybe things will change as my kids marry and they/their wives can help cook, but I'm not holding my breath.

So, yay!

jbyrd898
by Jessica on Nov. 21, 2012 at 6:29 AM

I am buying a premade turkey.

MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Nov. 21, 2012 at 8:32 AM

Nay

ReesesPieces
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 9:48 AM
Yay if the price was right.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
deedee3849
by Deanne on Nov. 21, 2012 at 4:46 PM

I enjoy being around the cooking, helping in the kitchen and the smell of turkey an dother goodies all through the house.

Stevensmomma
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 5:07 PM

it depends, fpr my family prob not

moogsmom03
by Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 11:10 PM

nope. My local store has a bundle for $50 you get a turkey (10lbs) mashed potatoes, stuffing, cranberry sauce and it's all boxed mixes. So not worth it, especially when you can get a turkey like I did for $0.58/lb. I paid under $10 for my 15 lb bird, and bought everything else on a strict budget and will feed 15 of us for less than $75. That bundle dinner might feed 6 or 8. Waste of money in my opinion.

MissyB1011
by Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 12:12 AM

For us it wouldn't save. Also, this is the ONLY holiday where my family and my inlaws are all together. It makes for some good laughs with my best friend the day after.

However, DH's coworker and DH were discussing dinner since I ran into him and his wife at the grocery store. He mentioned to DH that they spent $220 buying all the food and stuff for their dinner and his wife took the day off from work to do the cooking and prepping. If they went to the hotel holiday buffet, it would have only been $240. I can see how some people would think that is a better deal.

MDWife12
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 3:11 PM

I have never seen them in the store, but I will go with nay. As you ladies know my daughter is Celiac so I can almost gaurantee that those bundles will be unsafe for her to eat :/

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)