Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elf on the Shelf ideas

Posted by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 1:32 AM
  • 20 Replies

I just bought Elf on the Shelf for my kids after hearing about so much hype! Ive seen a few ideas as to where my kids may wake up to see him in the morning.  Do you have any???  Let's share ideas here.

One of my favorites so far is for the trouble maker elf, writing on the bathroom mirror, "Elf was here" in either toothpaste or lip stick!  Too funny!

by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 1:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
yvonne37
by Yvonne on Nov. 27, 2012 at 5:55 AM

funny you posted this today.. i just took out our elf and placed it on the tree! lol.. cant wait for  my daughter to get up and see her.. by the way, I bought an elf at a craft store and dress it up as a girl with felt in different colors, I change her dress and tell my daughter she must have gone home to santa told him how you behaved and changed.. lol.. keeps her in check!

I place "Lucy" (thats what she named her) in different places, but usually facing places my daughter frequents like the livingroom.

aidansmommy219
by Gold Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 1:08 PM
1 mom liked this

I bought a random elf last Christmas (it was $1 and I figured it work just as well lol) and DS named it Warnis. Warnis dyed the milk green. He squeezed toothpaste out...he drank syrup through a straw sticking out of the bottle while hanging upside down out of a cabinet..

here is my Elf on the Shelf pinterest board with a bunch of ideas :)

www.pinterest.com/inheaven1019/elf-on-the-shelf/

suziejax
by Suzie on Nov. 27, 2012 at 1:42 PM

neat! Have fun

deedee3849
by Deanne on Nov. 27, 2012 at 5:51 PM

In one of my other groups a mom shared that their elf made a snow angel in flour in the kitchen. I thought that was cute =)

cjsmom1
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 6:25 PM
Sounds cute
clowry02
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 6:27 PM

cute

LuvMyBoy08
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 6:29 PM

This was the first day
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LuvMyBoy08
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 6:30 PM

Second day
LuvMyBoy08
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 6:30 PM

Today
ReesesPieces
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 10:37 PM

Way cute ideas!  We haven't done Elf on the Shelf.  We probably should, but with everything else we do for the holidays, I am just reluctant to add something else. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)