Welcome to the Club

Getting New Moms Adjusted to Mommyhood One Step at a Time

Group Home

update on my issue

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 10:11 PM
  • 6 Replies

so our escro is shor 2k. we were just notified and we have to pay it either in full by jan 1 or payment plan over the year. both ways we dont have the money for it.

we contacted the mortgage company and they said it was insurance doing it and they even said that 2x  higher then it should be isnt right.

they said it looks like our house we own, that  we rent, may have had a claim against  us. we never have been notified of one. also we have fixed EVERYTHING that has ever been requested out of pocket. 

we are waiting for the manager of the rental property to contact me back.

but if the renters filed a claim and we werent notified, over something we were unaware of or paid for already, sounds like they are trying to do insurance freud.

im a lil mad

by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 10:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
anotherhalf
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 10:40 PM
Could it have been a claim put in by a previous owner? I believe that prior claims stay with the house through change of ownerships.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
eliptica24
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 12:25 AM

we have owned the house for years and  this was if it is a claim, just made in february. we would have been notified years ago if there was a pending claim.

MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Dec. 4, 2012 at 7:04 AM

Sorry hun.

kellymarie323
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 10:24 AM
Wait... You can file a claim against your landlord if they suck? Im not saying you suck I believe you. The reason I ask is because our landlord keeps putting off repairs like plumbing, electricity issues. The garage has no boards on the top in the back, snow is getting in and ruining my stuff. I had to move all my storage, ugh! They promise things and don't follow through. My daughters windows don't lock and one side pulls out. Anyone could push it and come right in. Thankfully its blocked by big trees so nobody can access it from outside.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
eliptica24
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 10:56 AM

that is my impression and i am only the owner we have a management company middle man who is on top of fixes, bc we are in another state >.<

they got back to me and said they dont see a claim on file and they are going to check with the tenants.

but ya if the tenants have a reason to file a claim insurance wise if repeairs arent being done, it would come out of the owners insurance on the house i believe.

Stevensmomma
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 12:13 PM

wow ouch i dont know 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN