Welcome to the Club

Getting New Moms Adjusted to Mommyhood One Step at a Time

Group Home

Hostess and teacher gift ideas under $25

Posted by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 12:00 AM
  • 35 Replies
1 mom liked this

It is all about the gifts these days, huh? I find myself adding more and more folks to the list I have to find a little something for...including those hosting parties coming up as well as Kiddo's awesome teachers. Granted, for the teachers, we'll do a homemade something (dream catchers seem to be what she's into making this season), but I'd also like to get something else, nothing big, but nice. Many of the items we chated about last Thursday can work for these giftees, but here are few more goodies I'm pondering.

This bag of cheer from UncommonGoods ($12) is a perfect little package of fun to pass along. With pewter tokens representing everything from good luck to new beginnings, it's ideal to pass along. And yup, it has a little card to explain all five tokens. 

When heading to that holiday fest at your boss's house, pair this wine pairing dishtowel from SurLaTable ($10) with your favorite bubbly (I like Gloria Ferrer Brut - only $13). A cute idea? Use it as the wrapping around the bottle and tie it with red ribbon.

Does that teacher love her garden or grow herbs in her kitchen window? How about that neighbor who looks after your dog when you are gone on vaca and has invited the whole crew to his house for a holiday afternoon soiree? These cool garden stakes I found on Etsy on FromArtisanHands (three for $21) make a great gift - choose from herb names, inspiration words, whichever grouping you want.

If she dreams it, it will come! Help her achieve that trip to Paris or a new car with this dream bank. Also on UncommonGoods ($25), you slip a picture of a dream in the frame back, add spare change...and slowly but surely, reach that goal!

What little gifts do you bring to hostesses? How about those awesome teachers?

©iStockphoto.com/Kameleon007

by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jbyrd898
by Jessica on Dec. 5, 2012 at 6:10 AM

I love the "bag of cheer"-how cute.

jbyrd898
by Jessica on Dec. 5, 2012 at 6:11 AM

Joey just started a two 1/2 day a week preschool yesterday. Not really sure if/what I should get his new teachers.

michiganmom116
by Gold Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 8:04 AM

If we go to a Christmas party, it's usually very informal with friends and we just take a dish to pass or a bottle of wine.

michiganmom116
by Gold Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 8:06 AM

I'm the awesome teacher for our kids, and I don't get gifts from myself...although those plant stakes are something I'd LOVE!

yvonne37
by Yvonne on Dec. 5, 2012 at 9:52 AM

i love the last one.. the dream bank.. i think its really neat. I usually make something from home for the hostess.. for the teacher I like to find out what she likes or is into and I try to get things they can use.

Stevensmomma
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:47 AM
I like the box of dreams! I am giving ds teachers for preschool a tin of shortbread cookies
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
suziejax
by Suzie on Dec. 5, 2012 at 1:25 PM
I like the garden tags, i would love those myself
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jbyrd898
by Jessica on Dec. 5, 2012 at 2:26 PM

The box of dreams is cute too, but i am not sure who I would give it to though.

deedee3849
by Deanne on Dec. 5, 2012 at 5:49 PM

I think they need to make that Dream bank a LOT taller unless your dropping hundreds in it lol.

deedee3849
by Deanne on Dec. 5, 2012 at 5:50 PM

Quoting michiganmom116:

If we go to a Christmas party, it's usually very informal with friends and we just take a dish to pass or a bottle of wine.

Yeah, same here.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement