Welcome to the Club

Getting New Moms Adjusted to Mommyhood One Step at a Time

Group Home

Thursday Thrifty Throwdown: Who doesn't love holiday-themed gifts?

Posted by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 12:00 AM
  • 33 Replies

I'm a sucker for holiday-themed stuff. Ornaments, plates, mechanical reindeer that jive to "La Bamba." Seriously, if it weren't for the cost-and-space double-whammy factor, I'd have a whole holiday dish set just to use for the month of December. I kind of think everyone has a little bit of that in them, which is why I love giving holiday-themed holiday gifts...you know they will be used at least once a year, right?

A pile of dishtowels doesn't sound very fun or festive, but these cute holiday-themed ones are adorable. Gather a bunch from all over - the one above is on Kreativbyerika on Etsy ($7.50) and I saw an adorable 12 Days of Christmas one at Crate and Barrel ($4.95). Add a whisk or a spatula, and you are good to go.

I mean, seriously, check these plates out. The set of four from Barnes and Noble ($24.95) have scenes of the Peanuts gang in all of their Christmas happiness. It's hard to not start to hum "The Skating Song," right?

I'm so digging this throw pillow with a vintage, chic black and white image of Santa and his reindeer in flight. AnnadaisyDesigns offers it (along with some other cool holiday décor) for only $18. I imagine it perched on my guest room bed or in my bay window in the den....if I had a guest room or a den with a bay window, that is.

A buffet table needs many things, one of them is a place for napkins. Folks dribble, spill, and need to dab that festive yummy from their cheeks. Look at this uber-cute snowflake napkin holder from Crate and Barrel ($12.95). Ideal as it goes for any holiday occasion folks celebrate!

Do you love giving holiday-themed presents? What's your favorite to give (or get)?

©iStockphoto.com/ Chromatika

by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
michiganmom116
by Gold Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 8:13 AM

I don't like giving holiday-themed presents that the person can use only once a year.  I prefer the gifts I give to be usable at other times.

MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Dec. 6, 2012 at 8:36 AM

Love the Peanuts themed plates!

natesmom1228
by Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:01 AM

No I am not a fan of it since you put it away right after you get it.

goddess99
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:02 AM

I love receiving Christmas plates and mugs but I usually don't give stuff like that. My family isn't into it like I am.

4kidz916
by Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:07 AM

I sometimes give holiday themed gifts.  I make applique dish towels to give sometimes. 

slw123
by Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:10 AM

I prefer to get gifts for people that they can use year round.  My thoughts are that if they get it on Christmas Day, they won't get to use it until next Christmas.  If it is an early gift, I'll consider a holiday theme though.

Madelaine
by Bronze Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:33 AM

Not usually but these are cute!

GwenMB
by Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:34 AM

HOliday themed gifts are fun!  For Christmas, not December birthdays. lol  I have a December birthday & am tired of getting Christmas stuff for my birthday.  But I'd love to get it for Christmas!

Those dish towels are adorable!  I think I need to order a set for myself - I've been wishing I had Christmas dishtowels.

I wouldn't mind, at some point, being able to change out most every day items for Christmas items for December.  I think I'll be shopping the after Christmas sales for that purpose.

Bmat
by Bronze Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:34 AM

I love the bird towel!  As far as general holiday themed gifts, when I open a Christmas themed gift on Christmas morning,  even though I appreciate the thoughtfulness, Christmas is almost over.

yvonne37
by Yvonne on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:50 AM

loved the peanuts plates :) 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN