Welcome to the Club

Getting New Moms Adjusted to Mommyhood One Step at a Time

Group Home

is this a smart idea?

Posted by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 4:55 PM
  • 21 Replies
1 mom liked this
I'm already budgeting where my tax refund will go and if I get what I got last year I'm paying off my car and was debating paying the rest if my lease for the year. We will have paid four months rent by then so we would only have eight months left. Is it smart to pay that far ahead? I just see it as having extra cash every month instead of a lump of tax money.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 4:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
QuiltLover
by Jocelynn on Dec. 5, 2012 at 6:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Any time one can pay a necessary bill ahead of time is smart. We pay by the year as much as we can. We were so far ahead on our electric bill this year, they have not had us pay for 3months and have also lowered our monthly budget bill by $32...works for us.

MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:46 PM

I don't see a problem with that.

GreenOlives07
by New Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:53 PM

i think its a good idea no matter what its gonna have to get paid eventually lol

lyrick24
by Bronze Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 8:24 PM

good idea!

suziejax
by Suzie on Dec. 5, 2012 at 9:01 PM

super smart

MrsHubler
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 9:17 PM

sounds smart to me!

MDWife12
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:18 PM

Its a VERY smart idea! :) We plan on paying off my dad, my husands parents, pay on some of my student loans and send some money towards rent!

MDWife12
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:19 PM
1 mom liked this

Nice!

Quoting QuiltLover:

Any time one can pay a necessary bill ahead of time is smart. We pay by the year as much as we can. We were so far ahead on our electric bill this year, they have not had us pay for 3months and have also lowered our monthly budget bill by $32...works for us.

yvonne37
by Yvonne on Dec. 6, 2012 at 10:11 AM

if those are your largest bills sure! its a smart idea and its better then putting the money in the bank, not gaining much interest or spending it little by little. :)

drakemom1
by New Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 10:17 AM

Thanks for the input!  I just didn't want to regret spending that big of a chunk on one thing, but it will feel wonderful not having to worry about saving up for rent each month.  I am pretty excited because I get to pay off my car too.  It feels so nice to not have to worry about debt.  Now if only tax time would get here quicker lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement