Lots Of Dots Treat Jar from Plaid is one of the best decoupage ideas if you're looking for Christmas crafts to make. The attractive jar by Amy Anderson can hold all of the yummy candies and nuts you receive during the holiday season.
- Glass jar with brushed chrome lid
- Mod Podge Gloss
- Tissue paper in holiday colors of your choice
- Circle cutter or die cutter with circle die
- Use the circle cutter to cut shapes from the tissue paper. Cut several circles of various sizes.
- Use the Mod Podge to apply the tissue paper to the jar.
- Work with one circle at a time. Apply a medium coat of Mod Podge to the jar, place the tissue paper circle down and then CAREFULLY Mod Podge over the top. (Tissue paper tears easily.)
- Continue Mod Podging tissue paper around the jar until you are satisfied with the pattern – you can even overlap some circles. Allow to dry for 15 – 20 minutes.
- Mod Podge around the entire jar to seal, allow to dry and then give a second coat. Allow to dry for 24 hours before using
on Dec. 7, 2012 at 10:14 PM