Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Thursday Thrifty Throwdown -- My holiday movie night line-up

Posted by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 12:00 AM
  • 35 Replies
2 moms liked this

I've mentioned on more than one occasion in these past few posts that, well, um, I LOVE the holidays (notice the capital letters and bold font to make my point?). Specifically, holiday movies and TV shows. We took Kiddo to see the latest holiday kid flick Rise of the Guardians two weeks ago. She loved it...but me, well, I really loved it. Couldn't stop talking about it. It will definitely go on our annual holiday movie list. 

We've already talked about some of the fabu television specials and such, but this time, it's all about the movies. Plan a night where you start a cozy fire in the fireplace, pop some popcorn and gather the whole gang to take a break, watch a holiday film and snuggle.

Some on my family's Holiday Movie Night line-up:

Elf

The Polar Express

The Santa Clause (all three)

Arthur Christmas

The Nightmare Before Christmas

Miracle on 34th Street

The Muppet Christmas Carol

White Christmas (an oldie but a goodie)

Holiday Inn (another oldie but a goodie)

Die Hard 2 (cool for the older kiddos)

My idea of a perfect holiday movie: a special Harry Potter Christmas...no signs of Voldemort, just fun wizardly take on the holidays!

What holiday movies do you and your crew watch?

ŠiStockphoto.com/ kirstypargeter

by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
michiganmom116
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 5:27 AM

Christmas Vacation!  We also enjoy The Santa Clause movies, The House Without A Christmas Tree, The Christmas Carol (with George C Scott), and It's a Wonderful Life (my favorite!) 

My kids aren't crazy about the "modern" Christmas movies like most on the above list.

jbyrd898
by Jessica on Dec. 13, 2012 at 6:23 AM

We havent in tthe past, but we will probably start this year. I like the idea of a Muppet Christmas Carol, hopefully it is on netflix at least!

jbyrd898
by Jessica on Dec. 13, 2012 at 6:23 AM

Quoting michiganmom116:

Christmas Vacation!  We also enjoy The Santa Clause movies, The House Without A Christmas Tree, The Christmas Carol (with George C Scott), and It's a Wonderful Life (my favorite!) 

My kids aren't crazy about the "modern" Christmas movies like most on the above list.

Christmas vacation is a great one!

baby
Madelaine
by Bronze Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 9:29 AM

Great line up!  I like Charlie Brown

goddess99
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 9:32 AM

Nightmare before Christmas and Home Alone 2.

meglennox
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 9:35 AM

the boys and i watch mostly the christmas specials of their favorite shows like Dora, Team Umizoomi, Max and Ruby, etc...  the do love charlie brown so we'll be watching that.  and no matter what, we'll be watching A Christmas Story. MY ultimate fave ;)  oh, and The Polar Express is another of their favorites. 

meglennox
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 9:36 AM

i forgot about Christmas Vacation!

...how could i forget that movie?? lol ;)

Quoting michiganmom116:

GwenMB
by Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 9:49 AM

We haven't really watched many Christmas movies, but my boys do like The Flight Before Christmas.  I did DVR some I thought they would like (can't remember which ones now) so we'll have to watch them at some point & see what they think.

natesmom1228
by Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 9:49 AM

Emmitt Otter's Jug Band Christmas

Prep and Landing

slw123
by Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 10:12 AM

We love Polar Express.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)