Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

12-12-12

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 7:11 AM
  • 14 Replies

Amazing facts of todays date :) 

In Western numerology, numbers are associated with certain personality traits: The masculine one is self-sufficient and driven, while the feminine two is a true partner. Together they form a balanced and unstoppable pair. One also represents new beginnings and two represents union, making today's triple-digit date a propitious day for tying the knot. According to a David's Bridal survey, an estimated 7,500 brides will marry on 12/12/12—a 1,446 percent increase over the prior year!

According to Chinese numerology, one is considered a yang number ruled by the sun and represents independence and individualism. Two is considered a yin number ruled by the moon and represents symmetry and balance. Combined, the number 12 brings harmony to the yin and the yang, balancing the masculine energy of the sun and the feminine energy of the moon.

Tonight, Bon Jovi, Billy Joel, Alicia Keys, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Paul McCartney, Kanye West, The Who and more will play at 12-12-12 the Concert for Sandy Relief at Madison Square Garden. All of the net proceeds will go to the Robin Hood Relief Fund, which is providing meaningful assistance to local organizations serving the regions hit hardest by the devastating storm. Can't make the all-star concert? Stream it live on Hulu.

Mathematicians and scientists love the number 12 for its inherent divisibility. It is one of the relatively few smaller numbers that can be evenly divided into multiple subsets; 12 breaks down into halves, thirds, fourths, sixths and twelfths—making 12 (and all of its multiples) a very useful number.

Because 12 can be so easily divided, it's commonly used in measurements. There are 12 inches in a foot, 12 ounces in a troy pound (which is used to measure gold, silver and gems), 12 in a dozen, 12 hours on a clock, 24 hours in a day, and 12x12 (144) equals a gross.  Cool eh?!

In the world of numerology, twelve is considered the number of completeness and represents the end of one cycle and the beginning of another. December is the twelfth and final month of the year, every 12 hours day turns to night or night to day and today completes the trice-repeating dates until the next century rolls around. Enjoy the rest of 2012!

----- Visit my CafeMom homepage at http://www.cafemom.com/home/yvonne37
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 7:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Amy127
by Bronze Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:21 AM
It's my 10 year anniversary too.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kellymarie323
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:22 AM

kellymarie323
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:23 AM
Happy anniversary :)

Quoting Amy127:

yvonne37
by Yvonne on Dec. 12, 2012 at 10:33 AM

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY :)

happy anniversary

Quoting Amy127:

----- Visit my CafeMom homepage at http://www.cafemom.com/home/yvonne37
suziejax
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:53 AM

Happy Annivesary

Stevensmomma
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 2:09 PM
Neat facts!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
deedee3849
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 7:22 PM

Quoting Amy127:

Happy Anniversary =)

AzariahsMother
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 7:53 PM

tfs

cjsmom1
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:34 PM

tfs

allyn9
by Carey on Dec. 16, 2012 at 1:48 AM

Thanks for sharing - I love reading these kind of tidbits of information.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)