Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Gifts that keep you (and your family) healthy

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:00 AM
  • 39 Replies

Stress obviously affects each of us differently. From the events in the news to a jammed-packed schedule that leaves us rushing around, these days many of us are feeling the effects of stress -- and not doing much about it. Not doing much except perhaps eating not as great as we should...or more than we should.

The number one thing to help with stress doctors say? Exercise. Moving around. Getting that heart rate up. Yup, that is one of the best things we can do for our bodies - inside, outside and within out hearts. Do I have a few ideas on some presents to help do that? Of course I do!

Pedometer - This is an easy one to give your spouse, your sis (or yourself). Set a goal of a certain number of steps...and see if you hit it each day.

Water bottles - One of the main woes of our bodies is dehydration. When we keep our fluid levels up, we help our systems run at optimum speed. Having an easy-to-flip open water bottle in the car, in your purse, in the soccer bag is the key way to be on top of this.

Fun exercise games - Balance boards, dance games for the Wii, DVDs of Zumba steps...make working out fun. There are so many ways to move your body these days with tech bits. See which one you (or the kids) love to do and keep doing it.

What "healthful" gifts do you give (or get)? 

©iStockphoto.com/ Dizzy

by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
michiganmom116
by Gold Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 6:37 AM

I've given soccer/foot/base/volley balls, a compound bow, bikes,skateboards, snowboards, sleds, ice skates, and roller blades.

ReesesPieces
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:27 AM
I am not really sure. Um...the kids have a wii they don't use, does that count?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sukainah
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:29 AM

Those are good ideas, I have not given these kinds of gifts or received them before.

jessicasmom1
by Bronze Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:05 AM

Nice we have given balls/soccer/basketballs, bikes, rollar blades, skateboards 

natesmom1228
by Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:23 AM

I was given the Wii Fit with EA Active last year. I love it.

arpazia
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:23 AM
1 mom liked this
Boxing gear! We can kick each others butts and it's not illegal ;)
(Yes, I kid)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
timon95
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:46 AM

soccer balls, hoola hoops, scooters, bikes and other outside toys

yvonne37
by Yvonne on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:12 AM

I got the zumba for wii and just dance.. because i love to dance and hubby knows it :)  I have also gotten an exercise ball, videos and running sneakers.. they are all well used :)

I gave my husband an ipod and a pedometer.. but he does not have much time to use them :/

MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:51 AM

Sporting stuff is always a good bet.

Wish2Be
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:53 AM

A hydrasport water bottle...it counts your water intake per day and calculates that against how much water you should have ! :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)