Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What's the craziest.....

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2012 at 6:33 PM
  • 11 Replies

store you've been in lately?

Holy Moly! It's crazy out there!!!

I think 80% of our town was grocery shopping today!

by on Dec. 17, 2012 at 6:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
aidansmommy219
by Gold Member on Dec. 17, 2012 at 8:40 PM

we went to JCPenny's yesterday to get our pictures taken. first let me say that i've gone there for pictures since my ds's first birthday and he's almost 6..and yesterday was awful. we showed up about 10 minutes early but had to wait 45 minutes to be seen....not easy with an almost 8 month old. ds was fine because there were other kids there and a christmas movie playing. once we got in the back she had up the wrong backgroud. i didn't mind the one we had up because i thought we'd get the chance to switch them but we didnt. the baby was fussy and the woman taking the picture didn't have much patience. then my dh started whining too. so we give up. we go wait for them to upload the pictures. dd falls asleep (thankfully). we had to wait another 20 minutes before we could see the pictures on the computer, which isn't bad timing really but we're all pretty cranky at that point. so the woman starts making enhancements to the pictures and is working on the 2nd one when she leaves to go answer the phone. and then check two families in. and then she goes to take another families pictures. so we left. i've never not bought pictures before. i was so mad. it was really rude. i called walmart's picture studio, which i really don't like too much, and got our pictures taken there. and the baby was more cooperative at that point but my ds decided he was going to make a scared face everytime we she took a picture and my dh didn't smile at all. in quite a few pictures i'm the only one smiling. so i picked the least awful and we went home. at least the woman at walmart's picture place was nice. 

aidansmommy219
by Gold Member on Dec. 17, 2012 at 8:40 PM

goodness, i didn't mean to write a book ^^^ lol

AzariahsMother
by on Dec. 17, 2012 at 9:41 PM

I have not been in any crazy stores.

deedee3849
by Deanne on Dec. 17, 2012 at 10:26 PM

Quoting aidansmommy219:

we went to JCPenny's yesterday to get our pictures taken. first let me say that i've gone there for pictures since my ds's first birthday and he's almost 6..and yesterday was awful. we showed up about 10 minutes early but had to wait 45 minutes to be seen....not easy with an almost 8 month old. ds was fine because there were other kids there and a christmas movie playing. once we got in the back she had up the wrong backgroud. i didn't mind the one we had up because i thought we'd get the chance to switch them but we didnt. the baby was fussy and the woman taking the picture didn't have much patience. then my dh started whining too. so we give up. we go wait for them to upload the pictures. dd falls asleep (thankfully). we had to wait another 20 minutes before we could see the pictures on the computer, which isn't bad timing really but we're all pretty cranky at that point. so the woman starts making enhancements to the pictures and is working on the 2nd one when she leaves to go answer the phone. and then check two families in. and then she goes to take another families pictures. so we left. i've never not bought pictures before. i was so mad. it was really rude. i called walmart's picture studio, which i really don't like too much, and got our pictures taken there. and the baby was more cooperative at that point but my ds decided he was going to make a scared face everytime we she took a picture and my dh didn't smile at all. in quite a few pictures i'm the only one smiling. so i picked the least awful and we went home. at least the woman at walmart's picture place was nice. 

Ohhh, I couldn't help but smile. We have sooooo many family pics where we are all miserable and are forced to "be happy" lol! usually I am the one forcing everyone to smile.. I've said to my kids "pretend you're happy" lol. My kids do not enjoy photo shoots of any kind...unless they are just for fun photos and can goof off. I can recall horrible photo sessions from when I was a kid where my aunts gathered all the grandkids for a family photo. We have like 10 grandkids so getting everyone to cooperate was quite a challenge. I think in every picture my little cousin was screaming his head off.

Sorry, your experience was bad =(

yvonne37
by Yvonne on Dec. 17, 2012 at 10:53 PM

lol

Quoting aidansmommy219:

goodness, i didn't mean to write a book ^^^ lol

----- Visit my CafeMom homepage at http://www.cafemom.com/home/yvonne37
Stevensmomma
by on Dec. 17, 2012 at 11:18 PM

today at shoprite omg and it was the middle of the day normally empty !!

MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Dec. 17, 2012 at 11:26 PM

None really. We live by a Save A Lot and they are always crazy lol

ReesesPieces
by on Dec. 17, 2012 at 11:38 PM

Sam's Club was a nightmare this morning.  There were like 3 lines open and only about a million people in the store.  I guess everyone had the same idea I had - get your stuff now so you don't have to shop once kids are out of school and all the last minute nut-jobs were there.  lol.

deedee3849
by Deanne on Dec. 18, 2012 at 7:42 PM

Quoting ReesesPieces:

Sam's Club was a nightmare this morning.  There were like 3 lines open and only about a million people in the store.  I guess everyone had the same idea I had - get your stuff now so you don't have to shop once kids are out of school and all the last minute nut-jobs were there.  lol.

I think so too!

jbyrd898
by Jessica on Dec. 19, 2012 at 8:18 AM

I bought most of my things online, so I havent had to brave the crowds recently. I went to toys r us last week and hardly anyone was there. that store can't be doing well.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)