Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Family Piggy Bank The Family Piggy Bank

Really last-minute gifts ideas

Posted by on Dec. 24, 2012 at 12:00 AM
  • 32 Replies

Um, yeah, it is December 24. Christmas Eve...which means Christmas is tomorrow. You feeling jolly as you are all done with your shopping -- or are you a tad frantic and still need to fill those stocking and a few areas under the tree? Never fear! There are great gifts, ones you can pick up right around your town on the way home from grabbing that jug of milk (to fill up the glass for Santa, right?).

Scratch-off lottery tickets - Don't snicker. Think about it. Who doesn't love the thrill of scratching off those little squares? Perfect stocking stuffers for everyone in the family.

Gift certificates to the movie theater - You know your tween will go to the movies at some point in 2013, same for your hubby (good excuse for date night!). Swing by the Cineplex 12 and get a few certificates. Also a good gift for your co-workers!

Mug - Again, not to be laughed at, don't underestimate the Power of The Mug. We all use mugs. For the kids for hot cocoa, for your mother-in-law who loves her tea, a mug is a perfectly good gift. A usable gift. A gift that you can pick up at the grocery store or any big box retailer and fill with a tea bag or a bag of mini marshmallows.

Cookies - Does your dad love his DoubleStuf Oreos? Does your husband hanker for NutterButters? Grab a couple bags and wrap them up. Again, it is waaayyyy better than that sweater his Aunt Mildred will be giving him.

Do you have a go-to last minute gift? Have you ever bought a Christmas gift from the grocery store?

ŠiStockphoto.com/AndyL 

by on Dec. 24, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
michiganmom116
by Gold Member on Dec. 24, 2012 at 5:49 AM

Money's always a good one, and giving cash or writing out a check saves me the time of having to run to the store and fight the last-minute crowds

jbyrd898
by Jessica on Dec. 24, 2012 at 7:10 AM

no last minute gifts this year. I might stop and get some stocking stuffers though.

deedee3849
by Deanne on Dec. 24, 2012 at 9:07 AM

Gift cards are my go-to last minute gift. At Walmart and Giant Eagle there are tons to choose from and it saves me the drive!

3mom627
by Member on Dec. 24, 2012 at 11:26 AM

We are going to Giant Eagle today for a gift card for my sister and family and some scratch offs and candy for my MIL's friend in the nursing home. I am desperately trying to stretch money right now.

3MOM627

have a nice day

suziejax
by Suzie on Dec. 24, 2012 at 1:24 PM
1 mom liked this

cookies!

MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Dec. 24, 2012 at 4:56 PM

I just bought food sets today lol

i.heart.myboys
by Amber E on Dec. 24, 2012 at 8:41 PM
Cookies!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
i.heart.myboys
by Amber E on Dec. 24, 2012 at 8:41 PM
Gift cards!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Momforhealth
by on Dec. 24, 2012 at 8:44 PM
Oranges
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
cjsmom1
by on Dec. 24, 2012 at 10:55 PM

I thought about getting scratch off tickets. DS loves them

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)