Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Um, yeah, it is December 24. Christmas Eve...which means Christmas is tomorrow. You feeling jolly as you are all done with your shopping -- or are you a tad frantic and still need to fill those stocking and a few areas under the tree? Never fear! There are great gifts, ones you can pick up right around your town on the way home from grabbing that jug of milk (to fill up the glass for Santa, right?).

Scratch-off lottery tickets - Don't snicker. Think about it. Who doesn't love the thrill of scratching off those little squares? Perfect stocking stuffers for everyone in the family.

Gift certificates to the movie theater - You know your tween will go to the movies at some point in 2013, same for your hubby (good excuse for date night!). Swing by the Cineplex 12 and get a few certificates. Also a good gift for your co-workers!

Mug - Again, not to be laughed at, don't underestimate the Power of The Mug. We all use mugs. For the kids for hot cocoa, for your mother-in-law who loves her tea, a mug is a perfectly good gift. A usable gift. A gift that you can pick up at the grocery store or any big box retailer and fill with a tea bag or a bag of mini marshmallows.

Cookies - Does your dad love his DoubleStuf Oreos? Does your husband hanker for NutterButters? Grab a couple bags and wrap them up. Again, it is waaayyyy better than that sweater his Aunt Mildred will be giving him.

Do you have a go-to last minute gift? Have you ever bought a Christmas gift from the grocery store?

ŠiStockphoto.com/AndyL 

by on Dec. 24, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (31-32):
Kmakksmom
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 6:02 PM

Giftcards are my go to last minute gift in any situation that calls for a gift.  I've bought those little Clementines to put in the toes of stockings, does that count?

Bob192
by Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 6:10 PM

I would love movie tickets!!  Kroger has gift cards to almost anything you could want.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)