Welcome to the Club

Getting New Moms Adjusted to Mommyhood One Step at a Time

Group Home

Sales, sales, sales -- what are you buying?

Posted by   + Show Post

Did you have a holly, jolly Christmas? Great. Now, who's going to have a holly, jolly post Christmas jaunt to the mall? Yeah, I know many of you want to hit those huge savings, though I have to remind us all, despite the big discounts, you are only saving money if you are buy items you need and would buy anyway. Okay, public service message over. With almost every store touting huge markdowns, how to know what is a really good deal and what may get marked further down later? Here are three ideas:

Christmas decorations - This is a no brainer. The little snowman gifts bags, the shiny ornaments, the Rudolph figurines...all of them will be on big sale. If you know you need to restock or will be in need of them come Dec. 1, 2013, stock up now...but remember to jot down somewhere that what all you bought so you can recall it 11 months from now.

Winter clothes - A good idea to stock up on items, but think about what you use a lot and focus your energies there. If you are a turtleneck gal, grab a few extras. If your kids always lose about five pairs of gloves and three hats every winter, pile them up in your cart while they are on sale.

Dishes - Many big stores have sales on their dishware to make room for new designs and sets coming in...a perfect time to replenish your cupboards if you need it. Also, any weddings coming up in the next year? Anyone heading off to college? Think ahead who you may be buying kitchen items for and snag it at a good price.

What are you shopping for at the after-Christmas sales? 

ŠiStockphoto.com/oxign  

by on Dec. 26, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (21-30):
MichelleK41
by on Dec. 26, 2012 at 12:58 PM

Currently not a thing. Maybe later discounted storage buckets because I really need those.

AzariahsMother

I'm not really shopping for anything.  We will make some returns, but other then that no shopping for us.

AzariahsMother

I got their message on FB and was kind of excited to shop this, but at the same time they always have amazing sales so.......

Quoting deedee3849:

Bath and Body works semi annual sale!!!!!!!!!

AzariahsMother
by on Dec. 26, 2012 at 12:59 PM

I bought a roll while I was out not knowing what I had, and so glad I did because I had just a tiny roll left and was out after 1 gift.

Quoting cjsmom1:

I need to stock up on wrapping paper, I have none left

elasmimi
by on Dec. 26, 2012 at 1:15 PM

Just some Christmas decor that I needed, and I bought little girl a couple of dresses. Did all mine online. Oh, and I got myself a Coach purse at 78% off, shhh. (hubby doesn't know)

yvonne37
by Yvonne on Dec. 26, 2012 at 2:28 PM

christmas decorations.  maybe a coat for me. ... thats about it.. i dont want to spend much and clutter my house again lol.

Stevensmomma
by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 10:58 AM

A  new tree

suziejax
by Suzie on Dec. 27, 2012 at 2:45 PM

not sure yet 

HisSweetheart07
by Bronze Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 2:09 AM

Nothing this year

erikays
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 8:30 AM
My son got a toys r us gc and he got 2 video games yesterday. Then we went to kohls and he got his shoes 30% off!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement