Welcome to the Club

Getting New Moms Adjusted to Mommyhood One Step at a Time

Group Home

Thursday Thrifty Throwdown -- My big idea for 2013

Posted by   + Show Post

The stockings are empty. The tags are all torn off. Kids are actually still playing with those new toys (shocker!). Perhaps, just maybe you have a few seconds to think about what's happened this past year and what may be ahead.

The main thing I have been thinking about - that has to do with our Family Piggy Banks as well as most of Life - is fear. Often we avoid hard questions, hard choices, hard decisions because of fear. Dang, it is everywhere. There's the fear of the unknown, fear of failure, fear of rejection, fear of change.

We may not even know it, but if we could not be doing something - whether it's trying a new job or changing up our thoughts about money, or having a tough conversation - because we are afraid, well, then we may not be fully reaching that level of happiness we deserve.

And we know I'm not defining happiness as more money in the bank or a good solid savings account. I'm talking happiness with ourselves, our relationships, our every day being. Happiness can be contentment, time to be with our kids, learning a new skill.

We all deserve happiness. We all must stop being afraid. So, I'm looking ahead and making a promise to myself not to be afraid. To choose to do something about whatever it is I may be afraid of, to tackle that fear head on, to question why that fear may be there and do what I can to change it.

How will I do that? Well, I'm going to keep laughing. I know, not what you'd expect...and here's where I quote Pinkie Pie from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic (I know, you didn't see that reference coming did you?). In the first two-parter when the pony friends were off to save all of Equestra and encounter some scary elements, Pinkie sings of what her Grandma Pie told her, "You've gotta stand up tall, learn to face your fears, you'll see that they can't hurt you, Just laugh and make them disappear."

So, let's stand tall, laugh a little and face those fears, shall we?

What is your big idea for 2013?

ŠiStockphoto.com/dosecreative 

by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (31-37):
.Angelica.
by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 5:39 PM

I haven't thought about it yet.

AzariahsMother
by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 7:38 PM

Don't have one.

KristinRox
by Member on Dec. 27, 2012 at 8:41 PM

Im going to make sure that we go on more adventures in the summer.. Im going to soak up all the sun that there is. 

3mom627
by Member on Dec. 27, 2012 at 11:38 PM

Find a budget and stick to it.

3MOM627

have a nice day

suziejax
by Suzie on Dec. 31, 2012 at 7:16 PM

oo and I love your reference to Pinkie Pie ( i love pinkie pie ) lol

HisSweetheart07
by Bronze Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:30 AM

Get new septic and new furnace
Pay off debt - add to savings
Go back to school / youngest starts prek
Join a gym to make myself healthier 

Kmakksmom
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 5:23 PM

My one and only idea for 2013 is to be happier.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN