Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Family Piggy Bank The Family Piggy Bank

Do you make them? If so, what is one that is most important to you?

For me, it is our finances and budgeting. I plan to pay EXTRA close attention to it this year! We have two sons and another on the way, due in May. We haaaave to get money saved, budgeted, and get more financially stable. We are definitely cutting waaay back on our spending as well! This is MY #1 priority this next year of 2013 :)

happy holidays

by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 8:52 AM
Replies (11-20):
towerjunkie1989
by Member on Dec. 21, 2012 at 4:40 PM
1 mom liked this
I want to fix my credit report and get my score up. I am tired of renting. I'm on section 8 so they will help with the mortgage as long as I qualify. I can't even change the blinds without written permission.
My boyfriend and I will be splitting the bills. The parts I don't pay for the bills will go to my debt since I'm used to paying it alone anyways

Quoting BipolarMom09:

Amen, Sister!!! I'm right there with ya! Debt is another one I want to work on. Paying off medical bills, and cleaning up the credit reports! :)

Quoting towerjunkie1989:

Get a handle on the finances including paying off debt and saving money

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BipolarMom09
by Member on Dec. 21, 2012 at 4:47 PM

I know what you mean! We have rented since 2008 when we had to foreclose on our home when my husband got out of the Army. I haaaaate renting! We hope to buy another home this upcoming year as well! With 2 boys and another on the way, two dogs, a cat...renting just isn't working well for us anymore :( Plus, if I want to paint my living room bright red and color my walls, I don't want to have to ask! Ya know?

Quoting towerjunkie1989:

I want to fix my credit report and get my score up. I am tired of renting. I'm on section 8 so they will help with the mortgage as long as I qualify. I can't even change the blinds without written permission.
My boyfriend and I will be splitting the bills. The parts I don't pay for the bills will go to my debt since I'm used to paying it alone anyways

Quoting BipolarMom09:

Amen, Sister!!! I'm right there with ya! Debt is another one I want to work on. Paying off medical bills, and cleaning up the credit reports! :)

Quoting towerjunkie1989:

Get a handle on the finances including paying off debt and saving money

Amy127
by Bronze Member on Dec. 21, 2012 at 4:48 PM
2 moms liked this
My goal is to have all credit card debt paid off by the end of 2013. We also would like to get a new to us car. And for a personal goal is to lose 40 pounds.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
joelleburnette
by on Dec. 22, 2012 at 1:12 AM
1 mom liked this

To finally break through that 40-pound mark (39 lbs seems to be my limit these days), lose another 30-35 lbs, and become a "best seller" with my books. Securing an agent would be a nice start.

BipolarMom09
by Member on Dec. 22, 2012 at 8:20 AM

Congratulations on the current weight loss and the writing of the books! Good luck with publishing!! :)

Quoting joelleburnette:

To finally break through that 40-pound mark (39 lbs seems to be my limit these days), lose another 30-35 lbs, and become a "best seller" with my books. Securing an agent would be a nice start.

michiganmom116
by Gold Member on Dec. 22, 2012 at 8:24 AM

I don't really have one that has to do with money.

MrsCountryMama
by on Dec. 22, 2012 at 9:02 AM
1 mom liked this
To continue on with my weight loss I've lost 30 and will lose 50 more in 2013 :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
CV3
by on Dec. 22, 2012 at 9:18 AM
1 mom liked this

Working off debt is my goal this year too. It was to lose weight but since I wont be having more children, it doesnt matter as much. I also want to start building a savings. I never use cash so I cant save my change but I want to get an account at a different bank that I put at least $10 a week in...its better than nothing.

aidansmommy219
by Gold Member on Dec. 22, 2012 at 9:22 AM

No I don't bother. 

Threes.Company
by Member on Dec. 22, 2012 at 9:46 AM
3 moms liked this

I will, yes!

BUT... for the first year EVER, weight loss will NOT be on my list!!!  I finally receached my goal in 2012 and now I can just make fitness goals and race goals and such.  :)  YAY!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)