Welcome to the Club

Getting New Moms Adjusted to Mommyhood One Step at a Time

Group Home

Do you make them? If so, what is one that is most important to you?

For me, it is our finances and budgeting. I plan to pay EXTRA close attention to it this year! We have two sons and another on the way, due in May. We haaaave to get money saved, budgeted, and get more financially stable. We are definitely cutting waaay back on our spending as well! This is MY #1 priority this next year of 2013 :)

happy holidays

by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 8:52 AM
Replies (21-30):
sassysuie
by on Dec. 22, 2012 at 10:08 AM

To get married and live happily ever after with my df. Our third baby is on the way and I want nothing more then to be happy.

Chelssea
by on Dec. 22, 2012 at 10:12 AM

I have three. 1) Add more color into my wardrobe. 2) Budget and save more. 3) I want to lose 5lbs every month for the year 2013. It sounds do-able to me, but my friend seems to think that its not going to happen.

BipolarMom09
by Member on Dec. 22, 2012 at 10:21 AM

Awesome! Congratulations!!!

Quoting Threes.Company:

I will, yes!

BUT... for the first year EVER, weight loss will NOT be on my list!!!  I finally receached my goal in 2012 and now I can just make fitness goals and race goals and such.  :)  YAY!

CoffeeMom24
by on Dec. 22, 2012 at 11:39 AM
1 mom liked this
Start getting back into shape and not get upset over little things..no more stress!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
JasonsMom2007
by on Dec. 22, 2012 at 1:07 PM
I have it set up with my bank so it goes in automatically. it's the only way I could remember to do that

Quoting MDWife12:

we should make a priority to put $ into the savings account every pay check

JasonsMom2007
by on Dec. 22, 2012 at 1:08 PM
mine either! I have 13 lbs to go but with our lifestyle changes it has become about health and the weight loss is just an added bonus:)

Quoting Threes.Company:

I will, yes!

BUT... for the first year EVER, weight loss will NOT be on my list!!!  I finally receached my goal in 2012 and now I can just make fitness goals and race goals and such.  :)  YAY!

MDWife12
by on Dec. 22, 2012 at 1:19 PM
We put money in but its the rent money so it doesnt accidentally get spent, so it doesnt really count lol

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

I have it set up with my bank so it goes in automatically. it's the only way I could remember to do that

Quoting MDWife12:

we should make a priority to put $ into the savings account every pay check

la_bella_vita
by on Dec. 22, 2012 at 1:55 PM

No, my only goal for the year is to make it the best ever!

CarolinaGirl88
by on Dec. 22, 2012 at 3:49 PM
1 mom liked this

I usually don't except that this past year I set a goal for myself to get into better shape, lose weight, eat better, all that kind of stuff, though that was less of a New Year's Resolution than a goal I wanted to meet while my husband was deployed. I met that goal and maintained it, so I really have no idea of what I would want to work on in the next year. 

woolftwo
by on Dec. 22, 2012 at 6:19 PM

This one pretty much sums it up for me also. Credit card debt HAS to go! And should be very workable in doing so. I just really need to learn to say NO sometimes rather then just pull out the plastic. Definitely need a car, bought a 2012 Dodge Avenger for my son but now I need one too. Well I paid the down payment anyway and put it in my name but he's making the payments. And weight loss is a definite hopeful plan. If I can just manage to tell Dr. Pepper to take a hike, then that should be doable also!!!

Quoting Amy127:

My goal is to have all credit card debt paid off by the end of 2013. We also would like to get a new to us car. And for a personal goal is to lose 40 pounds.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement