Welcome to the Club

Getting New Moms Adjusted to Mommyhood One Step at a Time

Group Home

Do you make them? If so, what is one that is most important to you?

For me, it is our finances and budgeting. I plan to pay EXTRA close attention to it this year! We have two sons and another on the way, due in May. We haaaave to get money saved, budgeted, and get more financially stable. We are definitely cutting waaay back on our spending as well! This is MY #1 priority this next year of 2013 :)

happy holidays

by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 8:52 AM
Replies (41-50):
JCB911
by on Dec. 22, 2012 at 9:07 PM
1 mom liked this

Our resolution will be to see the important people in our lives a bit more.  Those people you write Christmas cards to, and wish you had gotten to see in the last year but never found time.  One family per month.  We had this as a resolution a few years ago, and we did well on it.  There are just some good cousins and friends that we have, and it's tough to get together with them all - but we'll make more effort this year.

And travel more with the kiddos - DD will be potty-training, so we'll see how that goes first.  So maybe we'll explore America more towards the end of the year.

ohmandy
by on Dec. 22, 2012 at 9:32 PM

i typically make them, but im pregnant, so this year will be different haha.  i guess the best resolution will be to start excersing no more than 2 months after the baby is born.  thats also around the time i will be going back to work so we'll see haha.  im not really stressing the resolutions this year... 2014 i'll make a good one :)

PEEK05
by on Dec. 22, 2012 at 9:33 PM

I'm not making any this year.  I seem to do better when I create goals rather than New Year's resolutions.

Retrokitty
by on Dec. 22, 2012 at 9:40 PM
Weight loss (I get to go to the gym free through my university) and keeping my grades up. I'm going to have no spare time so its going to suck.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
cjsmom1
by on Dec. 22, 2012 at 9:50 PM

I don't make one, I never follow it when I do

tennisgal
by on Dec. 22, 2012 at 10:02 PM
2 moms liked this

I don't do a New Year's resolution, but instead DH and I make monthly goals and those are WAY easier to accomplish and stick to than a New Year's resolution. For example, January is a no-eat out challenge. Febuary is a cash-only challenge (I'm terrible about using cash for groceries so this one is really going to challenge me). March is a no-screen time challenge (it should hopefully be getting a bit warmer so we saved this challenge until kids are able to play outside more). 

rockinmomnwife
by New Member on Dec. 22, 2012 at 10:18 PM

We will be getting a house soon so after that I would like to comlete our emergency kit and add to our emergency food storage and savings. I might try and loose some weight if I can get my sciatica under control.
The only one I have kept is to read the entire bible :)  

tracy211
by on Dec. 22, 2012 at 10:41 PM

Lose weight, exercise at least 5 times per week, and keep spending to a minimum.  if I can do all that, my year should be good!

IBNeaters
by on Dec. 23, 2012 at 12:01 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't believe in resolutions because I think it puts way too much pressure on you.  I believe in lifestyle changes that you take one day at a time.  One day at a time makes it so much harder for you to fail because you start fresh each day!

allyn9
by Carey on Dec. 23, 2012 at 12:48 AM

No new year's resolution yet.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN