Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Family Piggy Bank The Family Piggy Bank

Are you making any financial resolutions?

Posted by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 12:00 AM
  • 40 Replies
1 mom liked this

Soooo, the holiday spending is all done...soon, the bills will be rolling in. Sigh. Did you stay on budget - or is redoing that budget on the top of your 2013 Financial Resolution list?

Resolutions are a hot topic all over the place these days...as well as the top hints on how to actually keep them (two main tips: be very specific with your goals and have a buddy system). Did you make any? Okay, more importantly, for us here at the Family Piggy Bank, what are you hoping to do money-wise this year?

Could be a simple as making a budget or pledging to put away $10 a week for an emergency fund, your financial resolution doesn't have to be huge and, you know, might not even involve money.

My resolution? Getting all of our paperwork (which is piled in a few different places around the abode) organized and...wait for it...making our wills. Yeah, I'm totally irresponsible on that one and I don't take it lightly. It is an ASAP-Must-Do of the tallest order. To make this one stick, I'm giving myself two months to get it done...and I'm telling a few buds (and all of you!) what I need to accomplish (yes, you have permission to nag me). 

What financial goals do you have for 2013?  

ŠiStockphoto.com/marekuliasz

by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Dec. 31, 2012 at 7:51 AM

To start a new savings

GwenMB
by Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 8:13 AM

I need to do meal planning - that will save money, ESP if I can do it around the weekly sales at the grocery store.

Amy127
by Bronze Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 8:15 AM
January is a very transitional month for us. I am starting work and dh is quitting his job. We have reworked the budget with the new income and have to stick to it. Our other resolution is to pay off our cc debt completely this year. Which with the new job is an achievable goal. Also plan on paying for another vehicle in cash. (We've always financed our vehicles)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
natesmom1228
by Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 8:59 AM

Save more money

michiganmom116
by Gold Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 9:04 AM

I just redid our budget a few days ago and I'm not happy with it.  My DH is working 70+ hours a week and it's killing him, but unless we drastically get a grip on our spending, we won't make it otherwise.  So, my goal is to keep our spending at a point that we can live off 40 hour week paychecks and bank the overtime.  To do that, I have to cut down on grocery spending by a good 30%, eliminate most if not all misc spending, and cut back even more on electrical use.  It's going to be a challenge.

I also want to earn more by working at home, but I may have to give that up and head out into the workforce.

deedee3849
by Deanne on Dec. 31, 2012 at 9:23 AM

we need to make wills too...ugh.

cara124
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 9:30 AM

No need to pay of Christmas bills ( paid cash for all gifts ) ... I'm reworking my budget to include the new job I just started in Nov. so that I can budget in a second car ( DD 17 got her license)

jessicasmom1
by Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 10:05 AM

savings

MichelleK41
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 10:21 AM

New house, new start to get the finances on our correct path. =)

4kidz916
by Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 12:00 PM

Just to save more this year but that's hard because of limited income.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)