Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are you making any financial resolutions?

Posted by   + Show Post

Soooo, the holiday spending is all done...soon, the bills will be rolling in. Sigh. Did you stay on budget - or is redoing that budget on the top of your 2013 Financial Resolution list?

Resolutions are a hot topic all over the place these days...as well as the top hints on how to actually keep them (two main tips: be very specific with your goals and have a buddy system). Did you make any? Okay, more importantly, for us here at the Family Piggy Bank, what are you hoping to do money-wise this year?

Could be a simple as making a budget or pledging to put away $10 a week for an emergency fund, your financial resolution doesn't have to be huge and, you know, might not even involve money.

My resolution? Getting all of our paperwork (which is piled in a few different places around the abode) organized and...wait for it...making our wills. Yeah, I'm totally irresponsible on that one and I don't take it lightly. It is an ASAP-Must-Do of the tallest order. To make this one stick, I'm giving myself two months to get it done...and I'm telling a few buds (and all of you!) what I need to accomplish (yes, you have permission to nag me). 

What financial goals do you have for 2013?  

ŠiStockphoto.com/marekuliasz

by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (11-20):
gmadiane
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 12:03 PM

I have a financial issue I am dealing with and I do plan to save more to have it paid off by the end of 2013

aneela
by Bronze Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 12:31 PM

yes we are

lillybug222
by Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 12:33 PM
To get by. Hopefully without using our credit card.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaMandee
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 1:03 PM

I am considering rejoining the work force in the fall. 

goddess99
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 1:21 PM

Pay down more debt.

Kmakksmom
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 1:34 PM

To go back to school so I can make a decent living!

baconbits
by Bronze Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 2:35 PM

We had our wills done a couple years back. Since my dh has custody of his 2 grandsons and he works on the road we could take NO chances of his daughter trying to get them. There's only 2 things I really want to do this year and that is 1. pay off a student loan and 2. Keep dh away from the truck lots. He really wants a new truck but I don't want the loan and since I have the only full time job (his pays a heck of a lot more when he's working) I don't want to have to figure out how to pay for it on my salary.

.Angelica.
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 3:50 PM

no, but our mortgage is getting lowered by about $300 on Thursday so that will be nice. I want to save up to remodel our house as it is in desperate need. I think most things are original from when the house was built more that 35 years ago.

Bob192
by Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 4:15 PM

I have no set resoulutions, but we've got to tighten our belts.  The kids medical expenses are eating us alive!

KristinRox
by Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 5:37 PM

I want to become debt free. We just have to figure out the proper steps to take. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)