Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Family Piggy Bank The Family Piggy Bank

Are you making any financial resolutions?

Posted by   + Show Post

Soooo, the holiday spending is all done...soon, the bills will be rolling in. Sigh. Did you stay on budget - or is redoing that budget on the top of your 2013 Financial Resolution list?

Resolutions are a hot topic all over the place these days...as well as the top hints on how to actually keep them (two main tips: be very specific with your goals and have a buddy system). Did you make any? Okay, more importantly, for us here at the Family Piggy Bank, what are you hoping to do money-wise this year?

Could be a simple as making a budget or pledging to put away $10 a week for an emergency fund, your financial resolution doesn't have to be huge and, you know, might not even involve money.

My resolution? Getting all of our paperwork (which is piled in a few different places around the abode) organized and...wait for it...making our wills. Yeah, I'm totally irresponsible on that one and I don't take it lightly. It is an ASAP-Must-Do of the tallest order. To make this one stick, I'm giving myself two months to get it done...and I'm telling a few buds (and all of you!) what I need to accomplish (yes, you have permission to nag me). 

What financial goals do you have for 2013?  

ŠiStockphoto.com/marekuliasz

by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (21-30):
dusky_rose
by Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 6:38 PM

Ummmm... just get more organized with my bills and filing stuff.

suziejax
by Suzie on Dec. 31, 2012 at 7:14 PM

nope still on track with same goals other than not to eat out as much

suziejax
by Suzie on Dec. 31, 2012 at 7:15 PM
1 mom liked this

Total Money Make Over by Dave Ramsey was what changed our life. I wish you well in becoming debt free :-) 

Quoting KristinRox:

I want to become debt free. We just have to figure out the proper steps to take. 

KristinRox
by Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 8:27 PM

Thanks for the suggestion. :0)

Quoting suziejax:

Total Money Make Over by Dave Ramsey was what changed our life. I wish you well in becoming debt free :-) 

Quoting KristinRox:

I want to become debt free. We just have to figure out the proper steps to take. 

JOIN US ON:

elasmimi
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 10:00 PM

getting out of debt before anything else!

HisSweetheart07
by Bronze Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:06 AM

To pay down our debt by half (this one is going to be a tight tight stretch but it's a goal)

To put 10% of ALL income into savings account for the whole year. 

allyn9
by Carey on Jan. 1, 2013 at 4:32 PM

We've always put saving before spending so no new goals on our list.

wischeese1
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 5:09 PM

I am  putting away 100 a month  25 a week. I also take all the change when we get any and put it in a jug but i leave out the quarters out those are fr my husband. We are both putting away this money together because we need $1200 end of the year for taxes the government said so Or they are taking ot of our money we earn.

mitzi havlik

wischeese1
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 5:14 PM

I might have something for you. For one when you pay only $25 for a charge card pay if you can pay $50. It might help. It really might matter how much your bills are and how much you get paid.

mitzi

wischeese1@yahoo.com

tayanddyl
by Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 5:43 PM

I have promised myself that i will sit down with a financial planner and actually work out a budget and stick to it!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)