Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Family Piggy Bank The Family Piggy Bank

Soooo disorganized!

Posted by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:06 AM
  • 28 Replies

I am determined to get this house organized! I need to get rid of some of the clutter, excess toys and clothes. The computer/craft room is the worst! It tends to store everything that doesn't have a home. We have a small house, no attic, no basement so it's a real challenge to find space for things. I wish I had one of those organizational experts come to my house!

What is the most disorganized part of your home?

What do you need to get rid of?

by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
michiganmom116
by Gold Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:11 AM

The most disorganized part is the basement.  It's not on my Flylady cleaning list, so it's neglected.  It's not a full, finished basement, so we don't spend time down there beyond building a fire in the woodstove or storing Christmas decorations or home-canned goods.

I declutter regularly so there's not much to get rid of.

deedee3849
by Deanne on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:12 AM

Quoting michiganmom116:

The most disorganized part is the basement.  It's not on my Flylady cleaning list, so it's neglected.  It's not a full, finished basement, so we don't spend time down there beyond building a fire in the woodstove or storing Christmas decorations or home-canned goods.

Maybe I need to look into Flylady cleaning lists??

michiganmom116
by Gold Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:20 AM

I tell you, they work!  I have ADHD and I cannot stay on housecleaning tasks for longer than 15 minutes at a time (I HATE housework) and these techniques have helped me a LOT.  Just a relatively few minutes a day keeps my home neat and clean and fairly organized.

Quoting deedee3849:

Quoting michiganmom116:

deedee3849
by Deanne on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:23 AM

Quoting michiganmom116:

I tell you, they work!  I have ADHD and I cannot stay on housecleaning tasks for longer than 15 minutes at a time (I HATE housework) and these techniques have helped me a LOT.  Just a relatively few minutes a day keeps my home neat and clean and fairly organized.

Quoting deedee3849:

Quoting michiganmom116:

Is there a book or website?

michiganmom116
by Gold Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:33 AM

Sink Reflections by Marla Cilley or flylady.net

Quoting deedee3849:

Quoting michiganmom116:

Quoting deedee3849:

Quoting michiganmom116:

deedee3849
by Deanne on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:38 AM

Quoting michiganmom116:

Sink Reflections by Marla Cilley or flylady.net

Quoting deedee3849:

Quoting michiganmom116:

Quoting deedee3849:

Quoting michiganmom116:

thank you =)

MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Dec. 29, 2012 at 10:14 AM

My home is okay for now. I just went through and organize a few days ago lol.

Moms_Angels1960
by Cheryl on Dec. 29, 2012 at 5:28 PM

Right now it would be the basement. It's a full basement but it's not finished nor heated at the moment well long moments. But other than that it would be the spare bedroom is my catch all. It's clean right now also waiting for company to come.

suziejax
by Suzie on Dec. 29, 2012 at 6:47 PM

my attic room 

girlywifey
by New Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 6:49 PM

My attic. My dh is threatening to call 1-800 Got Junk-lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)