Welcome to the Club

Getting New Moms Adjusted to Mommyhood One Step at a Time

Group Home

Our number one goal this year is to get financially fit! The thing is we do not live extravagantly and we don't have a lot of "extra" bills. We do the basics what you have to live stuff. Our only real luxury item that is a bill is cable. So I guess my question is where do you cut back and start saving when you aren't spending on unnecessary things?

by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 2:03 AM
Replies (11-14):
Kandac3
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 8:37 PM

Rent : $575/month

Dish TV: $42/month

Straight Talk: $49/month

Farmers Furniture: $83/month

Insurance: $72/month

Engagement Ring: $110/month

Daycare: $93/month

and Electricity is around $120/month.

I guess you could say that I could cut back on a few things.!!!

slw123
by Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 8:57 PM

You could cut the cable and use hulu or netflix.  Do you have a written budget?  If you wrote down what you spend each month, you may be surprised at where your money goes.  Groceries is usually a good place to cut back on.  Unplugging everything in your house when it isn't in use (except the fridge) will save you on the electric bill.

powow65
by Bronze Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:03 PM
Hopefully I can stay on SSI (long enough for SO to grad from college & get a career) so than I too can get a real part time job!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kcgroves
by New Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:34 PM

We are working on the written budget...we write it down everything looks great but it never adds up. This month we are keeping every single receipt for every single penny we spend and looking at where the cut backs need to come from we are thinking that will be our best bet. Groceries I feel I do a pretty good job I keep our grocery budget at $300 a month for my family of 4...now once I get this coupon business down I will do way better :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement